Windows 10: Taskbar not hiding properly

Discus and support Taskbar not hiding properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! When I select the option to hide the taskbar, it does so, but there is a thin line on the bottom of the screen just where Cortana bar is on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arthur-_-Morgan, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Taskbar not hiding properly

Hi! When I select the option to hide the taskbar, it does so, but there is a thin line on the bottom of the screen just where Cortana bar is on the taskbar, which means that it doesn't hide all the way. Is there any way to fix this? Thx in advance!

submitted by /u/Arthur-_-Morgan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arthur-_-Morgan, Jun 30, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 30, 2020
  3. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Taskbar not hiding properly

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar not hiding properly

1. Taskbar not hiding properly - Similar Threads - Taskbar hiding properly

2. Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly: Hi, there. I'd like to report a problem I'm having on all my laptops and desktops running windows 11.When I am using Microsoft Edge Chromium, 4K video Downloader, and a number of other apps with the windows maximized, the taskbar does not hide or unhide properly. For example,...
  3. Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly: Hi, there. I'd like to report a problem I'm having on all my laptops and desktops running windows 11.When I am using Microsoft Edge Chromium, 4K video Downloader, and a number of other apps with the windows maximized, the taskbar does not hide or unhide properly. For example,...
  4. Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly: Hello. On my PC, I have my taskbar set to autohide, but recently, it doesn't pop up if a window is maximized or touching the bottom of the screen. To make the taskbar appear, I either have to go to the desktop and then scroll my mouse down, or I have to hit the Windows...
  5. Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly: Hello. On my PC, I have my taskbar set to autohide, but recently, it doesn't pop up if a window is maximized or touching the bottom of the screen. To make the taskbar appear, I either have to go to the desktop and then scroll my mouse down, or I have to hit the Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Auto-Hide Taskbar Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hiding the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding the taskbar: Good evening everyone!) I want to ask you how I can hide the taskbar only when I'm on the desktop? And when some programs are open, the taskbar is unhide. Can I do this with third-party programs or Windows settings? Thanks) Thanks for my English Google translatу〒▽〒...
  8. Taskbar Not Hiding properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Not Hiding properly: Hi! When I select the option to hide the taskbar, it does so, but there is a thin line on the bottom of the screen just where Cortana bar is on the taskbar, which means that it doesn't hide all the way. Is there any way to fix this? Thx in advance! submitted by...
  9. hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    hide taskbar: What does it take to hide the taskbar and keep it hidden? This setting has not worked correctly for at least the past 3 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-taskbar/4756b890-5fdb-4746-b9af-8958c41b0c46
  10. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...