Windows 10: Taskbar not popping up.

Discus and support Taskbar not popping up. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, in the last few days I have this really irritating problem where; my taskbar will not pop-up. I'm using the feature where the task bar hides when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AggyTheIdiot, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Taskbar not popping up.

Hi, in the last few days I have this really irritating problem where; my taskbar will not pop-up. I'm using the feature where the task bar hides when there is no cursor on it. I tried the restart file explorer method, that doesn't seem to work though. Full restarts do help with this issue, but you know it's really irritating when you are writing code and this taskbar issue won't let you switch apps. I also tried windows key+1,2,3 switching method and it won't work. Sometimes the taskbar will pop up but there is a HUGE lag. I have a powerful system and it lagging is very rare and happens in rea

:)

AggyTheIdiot, Nov 24, 2021

2. Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Taskbar not popping up.

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar not popping up.

1. Taskbar not popping up. - Similar Threads - Taskbar popping

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_person4499 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bndtom/what_is_this_copilot_preview_thats_just_popped/
  4. pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear: how long will it take me to install Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-quiz-if-windows-update-causes-my-taskbar-to/2224faf2-b13f-438d-8ef7-97277e959728
  5. pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pop quiz. if windows update causes my taskbar to disappear: how long will it take me to install Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-quiz-if-windows-update-causes-my-taskbar-to/2224faf2-b13f-438d-8ef7-97277e959728
  6. Preventing the taskbar from popping up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing the taskbar from popping up automatically: Hi, I set my taskbar to automatically hide because I think it takes up too much space by default. The main problem is that whenever anything updates in one of the applications I have open, the taskbar won't go back down and stays up until I've found the window that's causing...
  7. Preventing the taskbar from popping up automatically

Preventing the taskbar from popping up automatically: Hi, I set my taskbar to automatically hide because I think it takes up too much space by default. The main problem is that whenever anything updates in one of the applications I have open, the taskbar won't go back down and stays up until I've found the window that's causing...
  8. how to hide taskbar entirely without popping out on mouseover windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to hide taskbar entirely without popping out on mouseover windows 11: "I'm looking to have a clean desktop look, but I'm not sure how to hide the taskbar entirely. I'd like it so that the taskbar doesn't show up on mouseover, even when I click the Windows button, but the Start screen still appears. I've noticed that there's a one-pixel line at...
  9. how to hide taskbar entirely without popping out on mouseover windows 11

how to hide taskbar entirely without popping out on mouseover windows 11: "I'm looking to have a clean desktop look, but I'm not sure how to hide the taskbar entirely. I'd like it so that the taskbar doesn't show up on mouseover, even when I click the Windows button, but the Start screen still appears. I've noticed that there's a one-pixel line at...
  10. Any way to make the taskbar pop up in front of any application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to make the taskbar pop up in front of any application?: When I have google or any application on borderless and I try to move my mouse to the bottom of the screen to view the taskbar it pops up behind chrome or whatever application I have open. I have to press the windows key just to get it to pop up over chrome.q...