Windows 10: Taskbar not responding at all

Discus and support Taskbar not responding at all in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer task bar keeps reloading all over again, and even if it reloads it doesn't fix the issue. Restarting won't help either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by T.ward22, Jul 25, 2022.

1. T.ward22 Win User

Taskbar not responding at all

My computer task bar keeps reloading all over again, and even if it reloads it doesn't fix the issue. Restarting won't help either.

:)

T.ward22, Jul 25, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar icons missing/ not responding!

Hello Pasindu,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this taskbar issue. For us to assist you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check, type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we suggest that restart the Windows Explorer.exe to refresh your taskbar functionality by following the steps below:

• Open Task Manager
      by right clicking the taskbar.
    • Click More details at the bottom to expand the Task Manager window.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • After selecting the Windows Explorer, click the Restart
      button at the bottom.
    • It may take a few seconds and things like your taskbar and Start menu may disappear momentarily, but when it restarts, things should behave better and you can exit Task Manager.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 25, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 25, 2022
  4. Taskbar not responding at all

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 25, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar not responding at all

1. Taskbar not responding at all - Similar Threads - Taskbar responding

2. Win 11 taskbar not responding on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar not responding on start up.: Whenever I start my PC Win11, my taskbar is unresponsive. However, if I open say, a Word document from my desktop , then open Task Manager and close the Word document, my taskbar works fine. Any ideas?...
  3. Win 11 taskbar not responding on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 taskbar not responding on start up.: Whenever I start my PC Win11, my taskbar is unresponsive. However, if I open say, a Word document from my desktop , then open Task Manager and close the Word document, my taskbar works fine. Any ideas?...
  4. Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.: I am new to the laptops, I have been using the laptop for last 1 month, everything was fine until recently, when my laptop started to show blue screen and restarting again and again, after 3 to 4 days, it stopped but the wifi option was not on the task bar and when I tried to...
  5. Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.: I am new to the laptops, I have been using the laptop for last 1 month, everything was fine until recently, when my laptop started to show blue screen and restarting again and again, after 3 to 4 days, it stopped but the wifi option was not on the task bar and when I tried to...
  6. Wifi option not present on the taskbar and network settings not running/responding.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Taskbar not responding in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not responding in Windows 11: None of the items on the taskbar work except the pinned applications like browsers and such. Pressing the Windows key does not open the start menu. Clicking on the internet, sound, or Windows Defender icon does nothing. After repeatedly tapping on them a message appears...
  8. Taskbar not responding in Windows 11

Taskbar not responding in Windows 11: None of the items on the taskbar work except the pinned applications like browsers and such. Pressing the Windows key does not open the start menu. Clicking on the internet, sound, or Windows Defender icon does nothing. After repeatedly tapping on them a message appears...
  9. Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything: Hello,I've been having an ongoing issue that's been affecting multiple users who share the same PC in the same office.Ever since a week ago, the Search Box in Taskbar has been unresponsive and users aren't allowed to type/search anything on it. Something I've noticed is the...
  10. Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything

Windows 10 Search Box in Taskbar for users not responding & unable to type anything: Hello,I've been having an ongoing issue that's been affecting multiple users who share the same PC in the same office.Ever since a week ago, the Search Box in Taskbar has been unresponsive and users aren't allowed to type/search anything on it. Something I've noticed is the...