Windows 10: Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

Discus and support Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marcel and marleen, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

Hi

All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently open so I can't right click to pin. Why has this changed, and how do I revert it back to being able to see programmes on the taskbar?

Thanks

Marcel and Marleen

:)

marcel and marleen, Dec 23, 2018

2. Pinned icons disappear once I open them.

's possible. Never mind.
    Yeah that's annoying. I want my icon to stay there AND a button instance AND not combined buttons. I don't think it

peanutaxis, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Pinned icons disappear once I open them.

I don't understand what you want either. Please clarify.

The first screenshot you posted without Firefox opened shows a Firefox icon pinned to the taskbar.

The second screenshot you posted with Firefox opened shows a Firefox button on the taskbar. It shows a button instead of icon since you have "Never combine" set and not "Always, hide labels".

To open multiple instances of the pinned program, you can do either option below:
    • Right click on pinned icon on taskbar, and click on the program.
    • Press and hold "Shift", click on the pinned icon, and release Shift.

Brink, Dec 23, 2018
  4. smerling Win User

Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

smerling, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

1. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing open

2. Taskbar icon missing when pinned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon missing when pinned: The icon for one of my apps Telegram is missing when it is pinned to the taskbar. The icon looks fine on the Start Menu and when it is not pinned, but goes away as soon as I pin it.I tried rebuilding the icon cache, restarting explorer, running `SFC /SCANNOW` and `DISM...
  3. Taskbar icon missing when pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icon missing when pinned: The icon for one of my apps Telegram is missing when it is pinned to the taskbar. The icon looks fine on the Start Menu and when it is not pinned, but goes away as soon as I pin it.I tried rebuilding the icon cache, restarting explorer, running `SFC /SCANNOW` and `DISM...
  4. Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar: Only 3rd party programs icons are not showing, windows' programs icons are showing correctly.I can't add screenshot because your editor here doesn't work as it should....
  5. Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar: Only 3rd party programs icons are not showing, windows' programs icons are showing correctly.I can't add screenshot because your editor here doesn't work as it should....
  6. Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows opened program icons as Blank Spaces: Hi, After the last windows update called "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2" I have this issue. When I open some programs/Apps, task bar is not showing the related icon. Instead, a blank space appear in the task bar. This happened after the windows updates and I...
  7. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  8. open program icons in taskbar

open program icons in taskbar: Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the...
  9. Change taskbar icons of pinned programs

Change taskbar icons of pinned programs: I'd like to change the icon of these icons, but I found no obvious way. [img] 15861
  10. Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently: As you can see in the picture below, when I click the Firefox icon, it disappears. Instead, I want it to be there permanently. How to achieve this? [img] 86415

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant pin to taskbar windows 10

2. icon not showing on taskbar when pinned

3. open programs not showing on taskbar

4. open programs not showing in taskbar,
  5. taskbar icons of running tasks missing,
  6. line under taskbar icons are missing,
  7. pinned icons Taskbar not showing in parallels windows 10,
  8. Open program icons seen as not opened,
  9. programs not showing in task bar lenovo,
  10. running task icon not on taskbar,
  11. I cant see open program that is showing on taskbar,