Windows 10: Taskbar not showing up

Discus and support Taskbar not showing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i restarted my computer yesterday and now its weird. I cant connect to wifi which it usually auto connects to, settings is now unresponsive, taskbar is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mattsama, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Mattsama Win User

Taskbar not showing up

i restarted my computer yesterday and now its weird. I cant connect to wifi which it usually auto connects to, settings is now unresponsive, taskbar is also unresponsive. Whenever i try to press the windows key either it refreshes the computer, it shows up everything but when i try to click them they just dont work and then it either refreshes the page or just doesnt respond or shows the windows search bar and nothing else. All the apps on the desktop work fine. ive tried to see if there was anything out of the ordinary in the task manager, everything is working fine. i also tried restarting w

:)

Mattsama, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 8, 2021
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Taskbar not showing up

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar not showing up

1. Taskbar not showing up - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing

2. Desktop and Taskbar icons are not showing. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and Taskbar icons are not showing. What should I do?: Taskbar is also inaccessible. The only thing I can do is open menu by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del. It also gets stuck when I try to restart or shut down from that menu so I need to force shut down my laptop. What problem am I facing and how should I counter it ?...
  3. How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?: I have my Taskbar on the right side of screen in Windows 10. It used to always show just one column, which I liked. For a while now, though, it shows 2 columns, which I hate. I could not find any help in Taskbar Settings or by searching this forum. How do I get it back to...
  4. How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?: I have my Taskbar on the right side of screen in Windows 10. It used to always show just one column, which I liked. For a while now, though, it shows 2 columns, which I hate. I could not find any help in Taskbar Settings or by searching this forum. How do I get it back to...
  5. How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Taskbar not showing up after updating computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing up after updating computer: Hello. After updating my computer to Windows 11, I had this problem where the taskbar wouldn't appear. I will list out everything that I have tried. 1. Restarting Windows Explorer For some reason, Windows Explorer doesn't show up on Task Manager. I don't know why2. Updating...
  7. Taskbar not showing up after updating computer

Taskbar not showing up after updating computer: Hello. After updating my computer to Windows 11, I had this problem where the taskbar wouldn't appear. I will list out everything that I have tried. 1. Restarting Windows Explorer For some reason, Windows Explorer doesn't show up on Task Manager. I don't know why2. Updating...
  8. My work computer doesn't show me "Taskbar Settings" under the Personalization menu in Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My work computer doesn't show me "Taskbar Settings" under the Personalization menu in Settings.: My work computer doesn't show me "Taskbar Settings" under the Personalization menu in Settings. If I try to "search" for taskbar setting, the prompt appears, when i select it, nothing happens, it just stays in the same window. If i navigate to personalization menu, i can only...
  9. My work computer doesn't show me "Taskbar Settings" under the Personalization menu in Settings.

My work computer doesn't show me "Taskbar Settings" under the Personalization menu in Settings.: My work computer doesn't show me "Taskbar Settings" under the Personalization menu in Settings. If I try to "search" for taskbar setting, the prompt appears, when i select it, nothing happens, it just stays in the same window. If i navigate to personalization menu, i can only...
  10. The taskbar keeps crashing in Windows 11, despite scans showing hard disc is ok

The taskbar keeps crashing in Windows 11, despite scans showing hard disc is ok: My Windows 11 has become unstable; the taskbar crashes very easily/often, when it does it takes many things with it eg file explorer, firefox, I then have to reboot. After reboot, it’s usable for some time.I’m currently doing a workaround - never touch the taskbar, only a few...