Windows 10: Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.

Discus and support Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My taskbar is set to auto-hide and it works perfectly well when other applications are maximized but when the Figma desktop app is maximized, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bruno-Okeke, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.

My taskbar is set to auto-hide and it works perfectly well when other applications are maximized but when the Figma desktop app is maximized, the taskbar does not show up when I put the mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen. Every other application allows the taskbar to show when I hover at the bottom of the screen except the Figma desktop app.I've restarted, and reset my pc, I've done basically everything I can think of and it still does not show up.Please what could be the problem and how can I solve it?

:)

Bruno-Okeke, Apr 25, 2022
  2. Zrizt Win User

Sometimes, mousing over my auto-hidden taskbar will not show the taskbar while my browser/application is maximized.

Here's what happens. My taskbar is set to auto-hide. I'm on an application, usually a web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, or other applications such as iTunes or VLC video player, and the application is set to maximized size (not fullscreen). Normally,
    despite the application being maximized, mousing to the bottom of the screen where my taskbar is allows the taskbar to be shown. But sometimes, especially after having watched a video in fullscreen and then exiting fullscreen, mousing to the bottom of the
    screen does not show my taskbar. The only option for me is to un-maximize the window, mouse to the bottom of the screen to show the taskbar, click the taskbar, and then re-maximize the window. While a simple fix, this is a very tedious procedure as this problem
    occurs very often. Is there a way to make it so that the taskbar always shows up when moused over while an application is maximized?

I don't think it matters but I'm using a Lenovo Edge 15 laptop running Windows 10.

Zrizt, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Gino Des Win User
    One Window hides another window When it is maximized and when it is clicked on taskbar it never shows it runs on the back of maximized window and never display untill maximized window is minimized

Hi,

You might be experiencing this problem because the rendering layer priority of the maximized application is respected even when you switch focus to another program. Normally, when you maximize an application, it will hide or cover all other applications
    until you switch to a different program. To help us identify the cause of this behavior, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you only experience this issue with a particular program?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you might also be experiencing this issue because Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) is not working correctly or not responding.
    Windows Explorer is the process that provides the graphical interface such as the Start menu, taskbar, notification area, and File Explorer. To sort this issue, we suggest that you restart Windows Explorer. The easiest way is by restarting your computer.
    If you do not want to restart your computer, you can also follow the steps below:

• Hold Ctrl+Shift while right-clicking on an empty area of the taskbar.
    • On the modified context menu, select Exit Explorer. The Start menu and taskbar should disappear.
    • Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click More details on the bottom part of the window.
    • Click on the File menu, and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe, and click OK.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

'particular monitor/screen and visible unlocked taskbar' No, my taskbar is normally locked - I would need to include the unlocking step. I already use many Autohotkey applications - mostly for entering scraps of text.
    Forgive me for quoting the wrong program 'AutoIT' when you suggested AutoHotKey. MouseClickDrag looks daunting but 'feasible' - worth a try - but not tonight.

Sebastian42, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.

1. Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized. - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing particular

2. Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.: The taskbar setting "Autohide" is disabled. However, any time I maximize a window, the taskbar "goes behind" the window and hides. I want the taskbar to be the lower border of my computer screen, but Windows 11 has no current support for that. Anyway, is there any feasible...
  3. Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.: The taskbar setting "Autohide" is disabled. However, any time I maximize a window, the taskbar "goes behind" the window and hides. I want the taskbar to be the lower border of my computer screen, but Windows 11 has no current support for that. Anyway, is there any feasible...
  4. Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.

Taskbar not showing when a particular application is maximized.: My taskbar is set to auto-hide and it works perfectly well when other applications are maximized but when the Figma desktop app is maximized, the taskbar does not show up when I put the mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen. Every other application allows the taskbar to...
  5. Windows 11 - The taskbar does not appear when applications are maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - The taskbar does not appear when applications are maximized: Hello,I have a small problem with the taskbar in Windows 11. When I enable auto-hide and when I run any application in full screen maximized, the taskbar doesn't appear even when I hover over the bottom of the screen. Once I don't have the application in full screen...
  6. Windows 11 - The taskbar does not appear when applications are maximized

Windows 11 - The taskbar does not appear when applications are maximized: Hello,I have a small problem with the taskbar in Windows 11. When I enable auto-hide and when I run any application in full screen maximized, the taskbar doesn't appear even when I hover over the bottom of the screen. Once I don't have the application in full screen...
  7. Hidden Taskbar not showing when a program is maximized Windows 11 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Taskbar not showing when a program is maximized Windows 11 21H2: I found another thread that states the same issue, and they also say that it's a recurring issue with different versions of windows:...
  8. Hidden Taskbar not showing when a program is maximized Windows 11 21H2

Hidden Taskbar not showing when a program is maximized Windows 11 21H2: I found another thread that states the same issue, and they also say that it's a recurring issue with different versions of windows:...
  9. Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Shows when Application Needs Attention: Is there a way to keep the taskbar hidden when an application wants me to interact with it?Here is a simple example of the behavior I want to avoid.Setting the StageI am using the multiple desktops feature of Windows 10One desktop is for communications, i.e., Outlook and...
  10. Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application is minimized to Taskbar. Unable to maximize.: One of my application - When opened, is minimized to taskbar. I tried a lot of solutions with Cascade windows, Cntrl+Shift > Right click and Maximize windows. None of them helped. I have tried uninstall and re-install option, which also haven't worked....