Windows 10: Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

Discus and support Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i have auto hide taskbar enabled and whenever i try to hover over the bottom of my screen, the taskbar doesnt show. I have 2 monitors, one is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PervySage_, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

So i have auto hide taskbar enabled and whenever i try to hover over the bottom of my screen, the taskbar doesnt show. I have 2 monitors, one is my laptop and the other is an external acer one. I have the acer one set up as the main display and the laptop one set up as the secondary one. The taskbar only pops up on the secondary monitor. For example if i have my laptop's monitor as the secondary, then when an app is full screen on the secondary monitor, the taskbar will show if i hover over the bottom but wont show if the app is opened on the main monitor external acer one in my case. But if

:)

PervySage_, Jan 4, 2022

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 4, 2022
  3. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 4, 2022
  4. Schirmy Win User

Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

Dual Monitors - Taskbar not auto-hiding on second display.

Okay, just as a reply to anyone else curious. I found a temporary solution.

- Right click the taskbar on main monitor and enable "Auto-hide the taskbar" and "Show taskbar on all displays".

- Hit apply and then close out the menu.

- Right click the taskbar and hover over "Cortana".

- Enable the show search box.

- The taskbars should pop up then come back down and be normal again for those with auto-hide checked off.

I'm not sure if this is a permanent thing but I love having my bars auto hidden.

Regards,

Mike.

Schirmy, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

1. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled - Similar Threads - Taskbar showing full

2. Windows 11 - Windows do not go full screen when auto-hide taskbar is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows do not go full screen when auto-hide taskbar is enabled: On Windows 11 when you have auto-hide taskbar enabled... If you maximize a window... the window will never maximize. You always see the area where the taskbar would normally be when it is not hidden. Previous versions of windows the window would maximize to the size of the...
  3. Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue: Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-showing-when-full-screen-with-auto/8fd5a7ce-7f67-4910-8d69-eb3d12fbc247
  4. Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue: Taskbar not showing when full screen with auto hide taskbar enabled,how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-showing-when-full-screen-with-auto/8fd5a7ce-7f67-4910-8d69-eb3d12fbc247
  5. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled: So i have auto hide taskbar enabled and whenever i try to hover over the bottom of my screen, the taskbar doesnt show. I have 2 monitors, one is my laptop and the other is an external acer one. I have the acer one set up as the main display and the laptop one set up as the...
  6. Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled

Taskbar not showing when full screen on second monitor with auto hide taskbar enabled: So i have auto hide taskbar enabled and whenever i try to hover over the bottom of my screen, the taskbar doesnt show. I have 2 monitors, one is my laptop and the other is an external acer one. I have the acer one set up as the main display and the laptop one set up as the...
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled: I've just installed the WIN11 update in my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I'm used to keep the taskbar hidden, only showing up when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. One of the most automatic movements I make is to move the cursor directly to the right bottom to check...
  8. Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled

Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled: I've just installed the WIN11 update in my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I'm used to keep the taskbar hidden, only showing up when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. One of the most automatic movements I make is to move the cursor directly to the right bottom to check...
  9. Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-hiding taskbar on second screen: Hi! I don't know if was posted, I searched and not found what I am looking for even here or on the internet. I have a second monitor using with my laptop and I want the taskbar to be fully visible on the main screen, just as the default settings but on the second screen I...
  10. Hiding taskbar in full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding taskbar in full screen: My taskbar is visible in full screen video and games. Any idea how to make it disappear? submitted by /u/ConcentricGroove [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9wzrz/hiding_taskbar_in_full_screen/