Windows 10: taskbar not staying locked.

Discus and support taskbar not staying locked. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the Lock the taskbar and hide the taskbar checked. Many times when I wake my Windows 10 laptop from sleep. the taskbar is double or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Computeacher, Aug 30, 2020.

1. taskbar not staying locked.

I have the Lock the taskbar and hide the taskbar checked. Many times when I wake my Windows 10 laptop from sleep. the taskbar is double or even sometimes triple the height it should be. I Need to unlock the taskbar, drag it down to the one icon tall size, and Lock the Taskbar again. Why does it keep expanding on its own when I have it locked

Thanks for any help.

:)

Computeacher, Aug 30, 2020
  2. ITshadow Win User

ThrottleStop 8.60 Stays in Taskbar

Hello!

I have an issue with ThrottleStop 8.60 (And 8.50U) staying in the taskbar when minimizing and not going to the notification area. The notification icon is there but it is always in the taskbar too. If I check 'Minimize on Close it still stays in the taskbar. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to get it off my taskbar and only in the notification bar?

Thanks!!!

ITshadow, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 30, 2020
  4. taskbar not staying locked.

Taskbar will not STAY resized, locked or unlocked

HI Guys,

I have multiple Windows 10 machines and I found that:

1. Taskbar resizes no problem.

2. Taskbar will NOT stay resized. i.e. wanting a 4 row task bars is not persistent.

3. This occur in either LOCKED or UNLOCKED taskbar.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Nelson

NelsonChow, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

taskbar not staying locked.

1. taskbar not staying locked. - Similar Threads - taskbar staying locked

2. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  3. Taskbar stays on light theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays on light theme: As you can see, I actually use the dark theme, but the taskbar somehow doesn't change to the dark theme too. Is this a bug? because before I updated to this version of windows 11 it was okay. I've tried to check for updates again but, it says that I'm up to date.Edition...
  4. Taskbar stays on light theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar stays on light theme: As you can see, I actually use the dark theme, but the taskbar somehow doesn't change to the dark theme too. Is this a bug? because before I updated to this version of windows 11 it was okay. I've tried to check for updates again but, it says that I'm up to date.Edition...
  5. Taskbar wont stay on top.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar wont stay on top.: I have my taskbar on automatically hide, but sometimes it wont stay on top and goes behind other programs. This is very annoying since it wont show when i put my cursor on it when this happens. I have to use the windows button to show it. Clicking the taskbar wont make it...
  6. Taskbar won’t stay away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won’t stay away: I’ve been having this issue and I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere. When I am in fullscreen watching a video the taskbar is hidden but at some point during the video the task bar reappears and I am clicked into another tab on my laptop. I haven’t been able to find any...
  7. The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put!

The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put!: HELP!?? NO forum question on this I can find, so here goes.... I have recently acquired a third monitor for editing AND gaming. I run 3 28" monitors in 7680x1440 using Nvidia Control Panel. Home Build System in huge full tower. Running ASUS DUAL RTX-2070 GPU ASUS...
  8. Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings: I was screwing around on my computer and installed Nexus Dock for some reason, but eventually got rid of it. However, now the dock isn't staying put no matter what option I try in settings. I don't understand why, since "Lock the taskbar" is checked when I right click on the...
  9. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  10. num lock will not stay on

num lock will not stay on: num lock will not stay on, in the regstry the value is set at two? thanks re https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-will-not-stay-on/2a8683d3-9d36-4b22-94c0-3d71c97bcc0a