Windows 10: Taskbar not working and all data gone after updates (location N/A)

Discus and support Taskbar not working and all data gone after updates (location N/A) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, my laptop recently got new updates. Prior before updates, my laptop was fine until I turned it on yesterday. Everything on my desktop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThinkArt2069836, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Taskbar not working and all data gone after updates (location N/A)

Hi everyone, my laptop recently got new updates. Prior before updates, my laptop was fine until I turned it on yesterday. Everything on my desktop was gone with only "Recycle bin" icon left and this message prompt

C:\\WINDOWS\systems32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected .......

All the taskbar(gone) and windows start button unresponsive. I can't even connected to my wifi (as the connection icon showing it was unconnected, and when I press the icon, it was unresponsive as well).

I've had a read and tried the idea from many people that almost got similar problem with me, but my laptop didn't show the sign of recovery.

And also, whenever I turn on the laptop, somehow its always shows me it was updating. Like when I'm restarting as well, it still show me that it updating. But after the updates done, my screen still only got "Recycle Bin" icon left and the prompt of N/A.

Last night, I tried to boot it again. It turned back to my normal screen for few seconds, and my screen turning to black.

At this point I'm considering to wipe clean my laptop or bringing it in for reparation, after asking this question if there's any way to fix it before I decided to do that.
    Thank you, for reading this, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

ThinkArt2069836, Nov 22, 2018

2. Taskbar location

Hi Todd,

Sudden changes in the location of the taskbar can occur due to misconfiguration in Windows settings. But you don't have to worry, you can modify the location where the taskbar will be displayed. Follow these steps to change the location of your taskbar:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Choose Taskbar settings.
    • Look for Taskbar location on screen. The drop-down button under it will let you choose your preferred location for the taskbar.

For further information on how to use the taskbar in Windows 10, visit this
    link

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Taskbar not working and all data gone after updates (location N/A)

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar not working and all data gone after updates (location N/A)

1. Taskbar not working and all data gone after updates (location N/A) - Similar Threads - Taskbar working data

2. All calandar data is gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All calandar data is gone?: In Microsoft Office, all calander information is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-calandar-data-is-gone/9e602b58-114e-46a3-90a6-f5da9f6ff41a
  3. All calandar data is gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All calandar data is gone?: In Microsoft Office, all calander information is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-calandar-data-is-gone/9e602b58-114e-46a3-90a6-f5da9f6ff41a
  4. All calandar data is gone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. all icons gone except for in taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all icons gone except for in taskbar: I would like to start with, No it is not the xp design that has caused this problem. I have had it for years and it has never done this before. I am still running windows 10. all the icons are gone. nothing much more to add.Also I looked at this thread of a guy with the same...
  6. all icons gone except for in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all icons gone except for in taskbar: I would like to start with, No it is not the xp design that has caused this problem. I have had it for years and it has never done this before. I am still running windows 10. all the icons are gone. nothing much more to add.Also I looked at this thread of a guy with the same...
  7. all icons gone except for in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. ALL taskbar icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL taskbar icons are gone: [ATTACH] Ive tried basically everything that the internet has told me, scanned for malware, deleted iconcache.db and restarted, etc etc. https://preview.redd.it/fe4fw9tnkl261.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=429d446858f1612def4f809f2de56e6011376307 submitted by...
  9. All My Data Files Are Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All My Data Files Are Gone: Greetings, After Microsoft Updated my computer AGAIN Data Folders that was a "STORE" of my old PC of ALL My Documents for approximately 12 years of data is now GONE... Why?...
  10. Err, all my data is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Err, all my data is gone: I restarted my computer 3 days ago. It updated from v1907 to 08. It did not offer the option to make a back up, update later, or set a restore point, it just went ahead and churned through. Lo and behold I'm on v1908 and everything on the hard drive is dust. I can't even get...