Windows 10: Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user

Discus and support Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since some month now i faced the follwong problem: If a 2nd user wants to login while another just locked the session this user won't have a working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dermoritz, Mar 17, 2021.

1. dermoritz Win User

Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user

Since some month now i faced the follwong problem: If a 2nd user wants to login while another just locked the session this user won't have a working taskbar click on start shortly blacksout screen, hover over taskbar shows loading spinner, no icon but the defaults are loaded. But as soon the other user is logging off the taskbar is immediatly working for the 2nd user. this can be achieved by looging of the other user from within task manager as an administrator

It is not the explorer.exe - restarting it is not helping. Also the Desktop is working - Icons are visible Progrmas can be started.

In mean time i observerd also this: if i create a new user and logging in as this new user while the other user is logged in already, the first login takes ages 10min + but then this new users taskbar is working. If i log of this new user and login again - taskbar is not working.

I also noticed if i have a user with such not working taskbar and switching back to another user and logging back into the user with not working taskbar it might work after 10min+. So it seems its just takes 10min+ to load the taskbar properly for all users after the first who logged in.

What i tried so far besides the stuff i wrote:

- using every odd powershell command tro "repair" windows

- complete repair install keeping apps and settings

Is there something i might try before doing a fresh install?

I created a similar question here: https://superuser.com/questions/1595254/windows-taskbar-not-working-after-switching-user-2-users-are-logged-on-at-once but with no answers yet.

:)

dermoritz, Mar 17, 2021

2. Taskbar not working for one user in Windows 10

I have problem releted to start button and taskbar. It is not working properly with one of the user account. It is functioning normaly with other account.

I tried all troubleshooting actions releted to this posted on your community.

I also tried to create new user. But it shows error while loging in with new users.

Simply taskbar is not working with existing user account, and new user account is showing error for login.

Please help regarding the same.

ankushpujari, Mar 17, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar not working for 2nd user loging in doesn't matter which user - Similar Threads - Taskbar working 2nd

2. 2nd user applications

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2nd user applications: Hello. I am running Win 10 Home. My question is can 2 different users share the same program installations? That is, if I create a 2nd admin account with a new name, is there anyway to share the applications installed by the first user with the new user? Thank you. 173610
  3. Taskbar Unresponsive when 2nd User signs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Unresponsive when 2nd User signs in Windows 10: Hello, After building a new PC and installing Windows 10 via USB, the taskbar and start button just spins and is unresponsive when the 2nd user signs in. When switching back to the first user, the taskbar & start button is normal. Switching back to the 2nd signed in user,...
  4. 2nd User Account is hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd User Account is hidden: I've purchased a new Dell XPS Desktop and have gone through the setup process. I've set my self up as a Local User which is all fine. Following on from this I've added my wife as a 2nd local user with a standard account, but when I sign out or re-boot my PC her account isn't...
  5. Installing user files on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing user files on 2nd drive: When I installed Win7 years ago there was a script that i use to install user files to a second drive on install of Win7 Is there something like that on Windows 10 Thanks 146111
  6. problem making 2nd user administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem making 2nd user administrator: Hi, I am administrator. When I created 2nd/work account I made it administrator but it cannot access all the files. And I can't? Do I need to enable "enhanced" administrator? I saw solution from 2015 to change registry - I'd rather not. Is that still the solution in 2019?...
  7. New User in Family - Taskbar Doesn't Work

New User in Family - Taskbar Doesn't Work: I added my adult son to my family on the PC. I put him as an administrator. When I log on with his credentials, the system's taskbar does not work. Cortana is also missing. All I see in the taskbar's left side is a white windows icon, a magnifying glass, and the task mode...
  8. User Account Actual Name in "%Sysroot%\Users": It Matters

User Account Actual Name in "%Sysroot%\Users": It Matters: Hello, I have a large home office data store synched between devices using Offline Files and standard Windows user account based sharing and UAC. As a result, all user’s personal data folders have a very specific naming system maintained for years. The new “sign-in using...
  9. User Account Actual Name in "%Sysroot%\Users": It Matters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Account Actual Name in "%Sysroot%\Users": It Matters: Hello, I have a large home office data store synched betweendevices using Offline Files and standard Windows user account based sharing andUAC. As a result, all user’s personal data folders have a very specific namingsystem maintained for years. The new “sign-in using...
  10. Taskbar doesn't stay on 2nd display after user switching

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar doesn't stay on 2nd display after user switching: Hello I have a problem with my taskbar. I have 2 monitors and I like to keep the taskbar on the secondary display, vertically at the right hand side of the screen. My other half has a separate account on our PC and she has the taskbar the same way. When she logs in to...