Windows 10: Taskbar not working properly.

Discus and support Taskbar not working properly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Posting in 'Devices and Drivers' only because it is selected by default for me. If belongs in a different topic ADMINS please change it or inform me,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lilnate1192, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Taskbar not working properly.

Posting in 'Devices and Drivers' only because it is selected by default for me. If belongs in a different topic ADMINS please change it or inform me, thank you.I have searched multiple times for more information about how to fix the issues I am having and have not found a solid solution.I have updated Windows/drivers/software, I have checked settings, run diagnostics and troubleshooters. I'm fairly tech savvy, but not an IT pro. I do fully expect to find that I made a mistake somewhere. Here's my symptoms.My taskbar behaves strange in a few ways.1st. My pinned programs on the left side, next t

:)

lilnate1192, Jun 20, 2021

2. Taskbar not working properly on Windows 10

Hi EdJane,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Toolbar on Windows not working properly, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. When you say, “Toolbar”, are you referring to the taskbar on Windows 10?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Assuming that you are referring to Taskbar on Windows 10, I would suggest you to try creating a new user account, as you have already tried using the PowerShell commands. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    and see if the Taskbar is working fine.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 20, 2021
  3. APG6 Win User
    my taskbar search is working sporadically

My taskbar search bar is working some of the time. For example, if I type in "TaskMgr", it will list taskmgr, and when I click on it, it opens my Task Manager, as expected.

But if I type in a file name or an app, like WinMerge, it will list them properly in the Search list, but if I click on them, either nothing happens or it takes me to the root window of File Explorer, instead of to the file or the app.

I ran through all the steps on this page, to no avail: How to fix search problems in Windows 10 | Windows Central

Any ideas?

4. Nitefury Win User

Taskbar not working properly.

Taskbar and Start not working properly

just booted up my pc and task bar and start are not working properly. start doenst open, cortana works, taskmanager fails to do any thing it doesnt respond. some icons in taskbar donot appear, firefox etc work. Please help me...
    Taskbar not working properly. [​IMG]

Nitefury, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar not working properly.

1. Taskbar not working properly. - Similar Threads - Taskbar working properly

2. Taskbar is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is not working properly: Sir/madam, My taskbar is not working properly. I have pined screenshot and I have denoted with the curved linecolored-Red which is not working. Please provide the solution to this. I have run troubleshoot but it didn't solve the problem....
  3. Taskbar is not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is not working properly: Sir/madam, My taskbar is not working properly. I have pined screenshot and I have denoted with the curved linecolored-Red which is not working. Please provide the solution to this. I have run troubleshoot but it didn't solve the problem....
  4. Taskbar items not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar items not working properly: I noticed a while ago I couldn't open my calendar by left clicking on my clock as I normally did. Then I realized clicking the volume button wouldn't open the volume control, and now I find right clicking on or hovering above apps in the taskbar i.e. File Explorer does...
  5. Taskbar items not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar items not working properly: I noticed a while ago I couldn't open my calendar by left clicking on my clock as I normally did. Then I realized clicking the volume button wouldn't open the volume control, and now I find right clicking on or hovering above apps in the taskbar i.e. File Explorer does...
  6. Taskbar not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar not working properly: Hi, I just bought a new laptop and it was working fine in the beginning but suddenly it stopped and started to restart. Now everytime I open it I am greeted by a black screen that takes some time to clear away. And when it does, the taskbar doesn't work properly. A few icons...
  7. My Taskbar is not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Taskbar is not working properly: My hidden icons tab is missing along with pinned icons. How do I re-enable I've been looking for a while and have found nothing. Thanks in advance. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Taskbar isn't working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar isn't working properly: [IMG] After some time using windows I noticed, that these 2 icons became "broken", and I have no idea, why this happened, help me please. P.s. In "dark" mode of windows icon of windows store gets readable, but it's still not enough....
  9. Taskbar doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar doesn't work properly: Hello there. My taskbar doesn't work properly. I can only open the applications loaded in my quick access to the taskbar. Otherwise, I can't open the right side icons, such as the date, and I can't open Start or interact with Cortana. When I click on start, it just doesn't...
  10. Taskbar and Start not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Start not working properly: just booted up my pc and task bar and start are not working properly. start doenst open, cortana works, taskmanager fails to do any thing it doesnt respond. some icons in taskbar donot appear, firefox etc work. Please help me... [img] 54730