Windows 10: Taskbar notification area how to enlarge?

Discus and support Taskbar notification area how to enlarge? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The task bar notification area (to be use I'm talking about the right place the date time area to the right with sound and network icons) this area is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hanslune, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Hanslune Win User

Taskbar notification area how to enlarge?

The task bar notification area (to be use I'm talking about the right place the date time area to the right with sound and network icons) this area is too small and the icons stack up making two rows thereby making the task bar to thick. How do you increase the area of the notification area? In previous versions you could just grab the border and move it and make it any size you want but that seems to be missing......

Taskbar notification area how to enlarge? [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

Hanslune, Jul 24, 2016
  2. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Jimc1502 Win User
    Taskbar

How can I show Date in the taskbar notification area

Jimc1502, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Right click on the Taskbar and uncheck Lock the Taskbar.
    Place the mouse pointer on the double vertical bar to the left of the System Tray and drag it to the left.

Ztruker, Jul 25, 2016
  5. Hanslune Win User
    Hi thanks for the reply

That seems to be the problem I cannot find the "double vertical bar to the left of the System Tray" I presume the system tray is the notification area? Is there some way I could have caused the double vertical bar to disappear?

Hanslune, Jul 25, 2016
  6. mgagnonlv Win User
    It's linked to the height of the taskbar. In an empty part of the taskbar, drag down its upper border to make it thinner.

With the standard theme, you can get it to one, two or multiple lines. If you use a non-standard theme or a high-visibility theme, there might be restrictions because of the default font size used by the theme.

mgagnonlv, Jul 25, 2016
  7. Hanslune Win User
    Thanks for the effort. Very puzzling nothing will bring up that double line. As far as I can tell I'm using the windows 10 theme with the color changed.

I'll just live with it!

Hanslune, Jul 25, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

My fault. I have two toolbars defined and that is where the double grippe is located. They only effect the size of the toolbar text, not the Taskbar itself. My apologies.

Taskbar notification area how to enlarge? [​IMG]

They don't show up very well in this screen grab but they are to the left of each of the toolbars (SysTools and web Server).

Ztruker, Jul 26, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    I also got the double vertical bars/lines to show when right-clicking and adding Toolbars. But they don't show if the Taskbar is Locked. They are quite faint with the default color of the Taskbar. Those lines didn't show initially until I dragged the Taskbar up to 2 rows but when I reduced it to a single line they still showed [barely].

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar notification area how to enlarge? - Similar Threads - Taskbar notification area

2. Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Area on the taskbar is cut off: Hello, first time asking here but this has been annoying me for an hour. How do I fix this? I recently updated to windows 11 so I changed a few values on the registry editor to put my taskbar on the top and also made the icons smaller so that the taskbar is smaller but the...
  3. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  4. Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Notification Area: Why has the the Weather App started appearing in the notification area of the taskbar?I do NOT want it - how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-notification-area/c6ff6f42-47bf-44a5-8493-52c6d2aca9a5
  5. Notification area of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area of taskbar: I cannot get the icons for volume, network, Norton/Defender status, or even the "up arrow" for hidden items to show on the taskbar??? The clock does show. I tried all of the obvious settings. ?????...
  6. how to enlarge notification window

how to enlarge notification window: Notification windows and some other windows within Outlook are greatly smaller than normal. So small that they cannot be read. How to reset or enlarge these windows?...
  7. Format the taskbar notification area

Format the taskbar notification area: How can I change the format of the date in the taskbar notifications area? Just want to be shown the time and date together without making the taskbar twice bigger in high?...
  8. Enlarge Show/Hide Area of Taskbar

Enlarge Show/Hide Area of Taskbar: I recently had an unusual question from an older user. With older eyes and a less steady hand on the mouse, it is hard for her to click the Show/Hide area. She wanted to know, is there a way to make the Show/Hide area of the taskbar larger? --Tom...
  9. Notification area on taskbar

Notification area on taskbar: I have three monitors.....I can get the task bar on all three but can only get the notification bar or pane on the one on the right.....how do I get it on all three so I can shut off one or too? I'm guessing the notification pane is what I'm calling the clock/date, speaker...
  10. Taskbar notification area issue

Taskbar notification area issue: I have 2 monitors and one of them is often in full screen mode (movie/game/program) so needless to say it's not possible to quickly access the applications on the taskbar's system tray. Although I have forced windows to show the task bar on every monitor, only one monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Enlarging notification area

2. enlarge the taskbar notification area