Windows 10: Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

Discus and support Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows 10 via the upcoming Anniversary Update — chasable live tiles, adaptive notifications, an improved action center, and much more. One feature that wasn’t really talked about much but evident during the session was taskbar badging. As you can see in the image below, taskbar badging is for Universal Windows Platform apps and showcases a notification counter on the taskbar.

Source
    Taskbar Notification Badges are coming to Windows 10 Universal apps

:)

hTconeM9user, Apr 2, 2016
  2. sh.gong Win User

Notifications of "universal apps" stop working when using a dial-up connection (PPPOE)

I upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 8.1 pro.

Before upgrade, notification of "metro apps", now called "universal apps", functions as it should.

After upgrading to windows 10, I notice that the QQ universal app (a instant messaging app) stops pushing new messages when I use a dial-up connection. Switch to WIFI, notification's back. Switch back to dial-up, no new message notification.

Days later, I find regularity.

1. If a notification doesn't require a internet connection, e.g. "alarms & clocks" or Candy Crush's notice for full lives, such notification is not affected.

2. If a notification is pushed to my laptop from some "internet servers", like QQ's new message and News app's breaking news, I can't get such notification when using the dial-up connection. I have to open App to check manually for new message.

3. Live tiles seem to be updated properly, except for some with badge numbers. Badge number denotes the missed message, I can't get the notification, thus badge number's not updated.

There's one exception, the build-in mail app. New mails notifications, which only shows in action center by default, are not affected.

Is this a windows 10 bug. Or there're settings I can tweak to get the notifications back.

Thanks in advance.

sh.gong, Apr 2, 2016
  3. sh.gong Win User
    Notifications of "universal apps" stop working when using a dial-up connection (PPPOE)

I upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 8.1 pro.

Before upgrade, notification of "metro apps", now called "universal apps", functions as it should.

After upgrading to windows 10, I notice that the QQ universal app (a instant messaging app) stops pushing new messages when I use a dial-up connection. Switch to WIFI, notification's back. Switch back to dial-up, no new message notification.

Days later, I find regularity.

1. If a notification doesn't require a internet connection, e.g. "alarms & clocks" or Candy Crush's notice for full lives, such notification is not affected.

2. If a notification is pushed to my laptop from some "internet servers", like QQ's new message and News app's breaking news, I can't get such notification when using the dial-up connection. I have to open App to check manually for new message.

3. Live tiles seem to be updated properly, except for some with badge numbers. Badge number denotes the missed message, I can't get the notification, thus badge number's not updated.

There's one exception, the build-in mail app. New mails notifications, which only shows in action center by default, are not affected.

Is this a windows 10 bug. Or there're settings I can tweak to get the notifications back.

Thanks in advance.

sh.gong, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

1. Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App - Similar Threads - Taskbar Notifications Badges

2. How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 22H2, Build 10.0.22623.875 Insider preview on Beta Channel. I unable to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps", it's usually very useful to know new email or new message."Mail" apps no longer show the "badge" when new email arrives, and the setting...
  3. How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 22H2, Build 10.0.22623.875 Insider preview on Beta Channel. I unable to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps", it's usually very useful to know new email or new message."Mail" apps no longer show the "badge" when new email arrives, and the setting...
  4. notification badge not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification badge not showing up: I have badges enabled but they won't show up on the mail app, plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-badge-not-showing-up/313a725a-3f07-4542-9778-5c93c3fbebb8
  5. Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Smaller Taskbar Size With Notification Badge: I've been using a smaller taskbar for a while now, and I changed it back to bigger and it's too big. I want to use a smaller taskbar. I know I can turn on small taskbar icons but that'll get rid of the notification badge or icons. I want the notification badge. Is there any...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed

Windows 10 taskbar badge notifications are not being displayed: Even though I have "Show badges on taskbar buttons" enabled, I'm not seeing any badges. I don't have "Use small taskbar buttons" enabled, so that's not the cause of the issue. I tried rebooting my computer but that didn't help. I'm using Windows version 2004. What else...
  7. notification badges not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notification badges not showing up: whenever i get a notification i always see the app flash orange and it shows up in action centre. ive checked and all apps have show notification banners on but it still wont show. im probably missing something obvious. is there a fix? submitted by /u/Falcongamerabc...
  8. Windows Mail app not showing any badges/notifications for gmail

Windows Mail app not showing any badges/notifications for gmail: With the latest Mail update the Windows 10 mail app is not showing any badge notifications or any notifications at all for gmail accounts. Verified that all notifications work just fine for outlook accounts just not gmail. Have tried uninstalling, resetting etc. but still no...
  9. What are Taskbar Badges

in Windows 10 Support
    What are Taskbar Badges: In Settings/Personalization/Taskbar there is a item called Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons. I have no idea what a badge is so I surely don't know whether are not I want to show them*Smile. Will someone please enlighten me? Thank you. 75582
  10. iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps: One thing that didn't get much notice during the Build keynote speech is that Visual Studio 2015 can now build native Objective C apps and target Windows Universal, including the iOS libraries. Apparently, King Games used this to bring Candy Crush Saga to Windows Universal....