Windows 10: Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide

Discus and support Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; any one else have this problem where your task bar on you other display dont auto hide it is quite annoying. 24244 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by darkschneider94, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide

any one else have this problem where your task bar on you other display dont auto hide it is quite annoying.

:)

darkschneider94, Sep 26, 2015

2. Build 14271 - dual display - taskbar problem with auto hide on

I've now tried all the suggestions in the posts above without any success at all. However .... I have also booted into safe mode. In this mode my second monitor doesn't work, only the primary monitor (the panel on my laptop) and in this situation the
    taskbar IS properly displayed on the laptop panel when the taskbar is set to autohide. On rebooting into normal mode the problem reappears if my second monitor is connected. No matter how I set up the taskbar icons, they do not display on the laptop panel
    when the taskbar is set to autohide but they do appear and work properly on my second display.

If I disconnect the second display then the taskbar on the laptop panel DOES work properly. The problem relates to the connection of the second display. If it's connected then the taskbar does not work properly on the laptop panel if autohide is on. If
    the second monitor isn't connected then the taskbar does work properly on the laptop.

I first noticed this when I was upgraded to build 14271. I am now on build 14279.

df64e225-1fd1-47da-91d8-004e3c5fc2bf, Sep 26, 2015
  3. TaskBar Malfunctioning (AutoHide as well as Task Bar Menu deficiencies)

My Windows 10 Taskbar does not consistently autohide. It will autohide for a while and then stops. Also, the taskbar will not hide behind programs like MS Word when I am typing. I need to see the bottom of the screen and the taskbar blocks my view. When
    I go into the Taskbar Properties and Start Menu to again autohide the taskbar, none of the changes I click (like move taskbar) will work, and it still shows the autohide taskbar box with a checkmark. The only solution is to re-boot until the next time the
    malfunction occurs.

Please help.

Jeremy

Rockyshores2, Sep 26, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide

Rt click on the taskbar to bring up the menu. Click on Properties, click on auto hide the taskbar, apply and OK. this will hide it on the other display and your main one also. just hover the mouse pointer on the botton of the main monitor to bring it back up. Or you can use WIN + T

Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide [​IMG]

JohnC, Sep 26, 2015
  5. yeah i have that set what the problem is. if for some reason after awhile on my 2 diplays the taskbar wont auto hide. when i unhide the search bar then work again but i dont want to see the search bar its ugly. is there a way to fix this other than this annoying workaround.

darkschneider94, Sep 29, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    Have you tried having just the search icon showing? You can change that where you hid the search box. Maybe that would be some type of middle ground that you could live with.

JohnC, Sep 30, 2015
  7. yeah that works too its just the fact that i should have to have it there ya know but i guess there is no other way. at first i was thinking maybe it was a ultramon thing. I've been doing some google searches and i guess it is a known issue but there no fix other then that work around. hopefully in the future it is addressed. i thought i try to see if anyone else had a solution

darkschneider94, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide

1. Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide - Similar Threads - Taskbar displays doesnt

2. Taskbar Autohide Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Autohide Issue: I have set the Taskbar to auto-hide, but it refuses to do so. I have checked my windows update and everything is up to date. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you....
  3. Taskbar autohide but not always :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar autohide but not always :): Can I somehow modify this option so taskbar is hiding only when there is window above it? For example it wouldnt hide when no programs are open. I dont think there is option for this, auto hide is hiding it always... submitted by /u/itsdjoki [link] [comments]...
  4. Autohide for taskbar stop working

Autohide for taskbar stop working: Hello -- I have my taskbar set to autohide -- it seems more so lately that it freezes in "visible" position and its always "on top" so can't get to windows under it --- it seems the only way to un-freeze it is to restart explorer.exe --- is this a bug?...
  5. taskbar not autohiding, and invades fullscreen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar not autohiding, and invades fullscreen games: I got help from support fixing a display problem just the other day. They had me reinstall updates that didn't update properly, and fix a few drivers. About half an hour later, my device updated again, and since then my taskbar has been frustrating me. It refuses to...
  6. Why no taskbar autohide?

Why no taskbar autohide?: My machine was updated to 1903 the other day and now my taskbar won't auto-hide (yes I've checked the settings). This is especially annoying because I work on a relatively small screen and the task bar is covering the bottom of the program windows. What's the secret to...
  7. Taskbar Autohide issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Autohide issues: So.. Ive made sure that auto hide is checked .. and looked through some of the other common things named in alot of forums.. but simply turning auto hide off isnt an option for me cus i run my task bar on the left edge of my screen rather than the bottom. plz help.. its...
  8. Autohide taskbar after X seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autohide taskbar after X seconds: Hello, Just wanted to know whether it was possible to auto hide the Win10 taskbar after X number of seconds or minutes? Does anyone know how to do this? Cheers! 78321
  9. Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar on my other displays doesnt autohide: just wondering if any one has found a other soultion to this problem. on my two other displays my task bar just stops the auto hide. I was thinking maybe it was a issue with ultramon but then, when ever i go to my main screen and show the search bar they all start to auto...
  10. Remove line when autohide taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove line when autohide taskbar?: I have my taskbar on autohide, but when it is hidden, I can still see a small line of the taskbar. Can I make the taskbar hide itself completely? Also, the taskbar pops up when I move my mouse near. Can I disable that as well (so that taskbar pops up only when I press the...