Windows 10: Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible?

Discus and support Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got an ultrawide monitor (34") and I thought it would be awesome. But so far I am not liking the fact that the taskbar is positioned at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LT2000, Aug 19, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible?

I just got an ultrawide monitor (34") and I thought it would be awesome. But so far I am not liking the fact that the taskbar is positioned at the bottom left (and right). This means a lot of mouse travel and neck turning.

In theory, the way to best solve it would be just move the taskbar (bottom left) a few inches to the right and the "stuff" with the clock a few inches to the left. Then I could access everything without a lot of mouse travel and neck turning (since in general my focus is on the center of the screen).

Seems like a simple and obvious thing that would be needed with ultrawide monitors. Maybe things just haven't caught up yet though?

:)

LT2000, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Ratandeep Win User

Taskbar is on the left side instead of the bottom

Hello Patsy,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I also appreciate this fact that you want to bring taskbar to the bottom of the desktop screen.

I would suggest you to try following steps and check if it helps.

a. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar. If Lock the taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked. You can unlock it by clicking Lock the taskbar, which removes the check mark.

b. Click an empty space on the taskbar, and then hold down the mouse button as you drag the taskbar to one of the four edges of the desktop. When the taskbar is where you want it, release the mouse button.

Note: To lock the taskbar into place, right-click an empty space on the taskbar, and then click Lock the taskbar so that the check mark appears. Locking the taskbar helps prevent it being moved or resized accidentally.

For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/unlock-move-taskbar#1TC=windows-7

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Taskbar is on the left side instead of the bottom

How do I get it back on the bottom?

PatsySigman, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible?

Hi

Right Click: The Task Bar>Select Properties>Then Select a location from The Task Bar Location On Screen>Then Click: OK

Example: Bottom or Left or Right or Top.

Cyberdesigner, Aug 19, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    What, you mean your screen resolution is higher than 1920x1080? Yah that would be a lot of travel, check with Stardock, maybe they have a Theme that can shorten the taskbar. But in the interim, probably be best to drag the taskbar to the left side of the screen, that would shorten it. Put it in the place where you can get to is easiest. I think there is some kind of Windows Mod that will lay your taskbar out like an OSX "Dock". But I haven't looked at that stuff for a couple of years.

Check here there may be something you can use.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  6. LT2000 Win User
    Cyberdesigner: Those are known options, but not what I am asking. I wish it were that simple.

XweaponX: Yeah, resolution is 3440*1440 and it is 34" diagonal. Not only is it a lot of mouse travel, the worst part is having to move your neck just to look at the taskbar. Docking it at the top,bottom, left, or right is always going to put the start button in a corner. Left or right is actually worse because at least with top/bottom, the pinned icons are a little closer to center.

I just think Windows hasn't caught up to how to adjust for ultrawide screens. I need to be able to "slide" the entire taskbar to the right several inches. Doesn't make sense to have the most used thing to be so far from center.

LT2000, Aug 19, 2015
  7. XweAponX Win User
    Well, I use my system at night to watch Media, I use Remote Mouse in my iPhone to control the mouse on my system, it has a button for rapid acceleration, meaning you can just flip the phone to the right or left and the mouse immediately goes to the other side of the screen.

You can try also increasing the physical acceleration of the mouse, so that smaller movements move it more. I have mine set so that a small movement moves the mouse halfway across the screen.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  8. LT2000 Win User

Yeah, have done that and maxed it out. I use a trackball (for over 25yrs) and amazing fast and accurate with it. The bigger problem is having to move the head around. I already have some neck issues.

LT2000, Aug 19, 2015
  9. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Can't you do something like split the monitor into three displays, extend the desktop and have the taskbar only on the middle display?

10. XweAponX Win User
    Yah, hehe. I used a Trackball that had a footswitch, to play certain Games. That was back on Windows 3.1. The footswitch was great, I wish someone had made a mouse like that. But the trackball was so large, my hand would get tired moving it. Finally went out and bought an expensive Joystick, but I really missed the footswitch for Firing. I still have that Joystick, I have a game port to USB adapter on it, but it just doesn't work with any games anymore. I used to use it the most with Unreal Tournament and Quake II.

Dang, well there is only so much movement you can get with a trackball, maybe add an additional mouse for long moves.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  11. LT2000 Win User
    Sounds interesting. Any idea how to do this? One funky thing is that I have to connect both HDMI and Display Port both to the monitor and video card. So something is already odd about this setup.

LT2000, Aug 19, 2015
  12. Can you post what you currently have? I have an idea of what you want to do but want to make sure I am not misunderstanding you. How many monitors? What cables and what GPU? Any important or proprietary software you are using in your display configuration ? Also take a picture of your Settings>Display Settings>, it would help to know what mode you are using and such. Unless you have 5 monitors in a single row in landscape mode, you shouldn't be turning your neck.
    Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible? [​IMG]

chris1neji, Aug 19, 2015
  13. NUS
    Nus Win User

Yeah, can you give your monitor make and model, you should be able to do something like this:

14. hiphopper Win User
    Seems to me you under-thought the issue of having a large monitor a couple of feet away from you. Looking across the taskbar is just part of the problem. You will either be spending time looking around the big screen at large windows, videos or lots of app windows, or you will just use the middle of the monitor for everything. Which seems like a waste of hardware and money to me.

It sounds like Nus may have a solution to the taskbar issue. I'll be interested to hear how you deal with the bigger issues once you have that sorted.

hiphopper, Aug 19, 2015
  15. LT2000 Win User
    Yeah, I did under think it some. I thought bigger would always be better. But you can still use the extra space on the sides to be put programs that are rarely used or just not use it sometimes. But Windows is forcing me to turn my head, which it doesn't really need to. If I could fix that aspect, then a scenario where use of the very outer edge is optional (as opposed to mandatory) would be great.

Monitor is Dell Ultrasharp 34" U3415W, just one monitor. Both HDMI and DP are connected.

View image: 1

View image: 2

LT2000, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible? - Similar Threads - Taskbar bottom MIDDLE

2. There is a floating 100 in the bottom middle of my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a floating 100 in the bottom middle of my screen: I opened up my laptop to see that there is a random floating 100 on the bottom of my screen, and i don't know how to get rid of it. Please help me....
  3. There is a floating 100 in the bottom middle of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a floating 100 in the bottom middle of my screen: I opened up my laptop to see that there is a random floating 100 on the bottom of my screen, and i don't know how to get rid of it. Please help me....
  4. Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen: Hello, below is an example of my problem:This is a duplicate taskbar that I cannot get rid of. I use an external monitor with my laptop, usually set to extend the laptop display - I will get three taskbars, one normal on my laptop, one normal on my monitor and a second one...
  5. Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen: Hello, below is an example of my problem:This is a duplicate taskbar that I cannot get rid of. I use an external monitor with my laptop, usually set to extend the laptop display - I will get three taskbars, one normal on my laptop, one normal on my monitor and a second one...
  6. Middle-clicking Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Middle-clicking Taskbar icons: Does everybody know that middle-clicking on a Taskbar iconcan/will open another instance of that item Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/middle-clicking-taskbar-icons/e4c80196-181c-4689-8848-c2b9993fea2e
  7. Horizontal lines in the middle of the screen and blurred at the bottom of it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Horizontal lines in the middle of the screen and blurred at the bottom of it.: Please help me, My screen has horizontal line in the middle and blurred at the bottom of it, I tried everything I know to fix it but nothings happened. Update drivers, roll back driver, Network display, Uninstall driver adapters, still nothing is happening. Send help please...
  8. Is it possible to get the windows key on the bottom, while the taskbar is pinned to the left?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to get the windows key on the bottom, while the taskbar is pinned to the left?: This is my current taskbar: https://i.ibb.co/d6r1Nzd/image.png But i am looking for something like this: https://i.ibb.co/nPRz69m/image.png https://i.ibb.co/K5S4nwp/image.png submitted by /u/PizzaPeePee [link] [comments]...
  9. The input indicator show at middle-right not bottom-right

in Windows 10 Support
    The input indicator show at middle-right not bottom-right: Showing at middle-right when switching input language *(Image from Internet) [img] It should be at bottom-right [img] 141913
  10. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ultrawide startbutton middle