Windows 10: Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible?

Discus and support Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; View image: 3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LT2000, Aug 19, 2015.

1. LT2000 Win User

Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible?

View image: 3

LT2000, Aug 19, 2015
  2. LT2000 Win User

Another thing I was thinking was to create several dummy icons that are black (match the taskbar) and put them in between the search bar and the program icons. This would at least shift those to the right. Not ideal, but an improvement.

The other option is to just get a new monitor which isn't as wide. There ASUS PB278Q has the same 1440 vertical resolution I want, but only 2560 wide. It is just a shame since I want to keep this monitor and have the option to use the extra space. I just don't want to be forced to the edges so frequently. This simply does not make sense for an ultrawide monitor.

Hypothetically, extrapolate the width to say 40% wider. You could still use the extra space occasionally (and optionally) so there is value there. But no way would you want all of your major "action" areas to be that far away. You want want them placed in the same general physical location as that have always been.

LT2000, Aug 19, 2015
  3. XweAponX Win User
    HOLY COW! That's Beautiful! But now I understand the issue. Hell, I still say use Remote Mouse on an iDevice or a Droid, it's made for both. Or HippoRemote, it's more stable.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  4. LT2000 Win User

If think if it could be split into 3 virtual screens, with the taskbar on the center virtual screen, then it would be just fine. This would be just like the normal monitor experience, but with extra space on the sides (that you may or may not want to use).

There is an assumption in Windows that you want the taksbar (and desktop icons) to always be left aligned to the edge of the screen (or aligned to top/left/right). This assumption was reasonable for a couple decades, but it is not a good assumption with the advent of ultrawide monitors. You really need to be able to adjust the positions of the "left edge" and "right edge" with respect to the taskbar and desktop icons. That simply makes sense.

LT2000, Aug 19, 2015
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    Using the Desktop Toolbar 'on top' of the Taskbar can accomplish most of what you want: having your most used tools at the center of the screen, top or bottom. What you lose is the Jump List from the pinned programs and files. But one can 'work around' that with a crowded Taskbar through shortcuts on the Desktop.

If you don't get Notifications too often, then the Tray on the right can be ignored for much of your session. The Start Menu on the left is a redundant repository for quick access. Some people find thd Desktop quite sufficient. Put the Desktop on the Taskbar and it's another way to "skin the ...".

I had thought about picking up a 29" extra-wide monitor. But I couldn't visualize a workflow that would take advantage.

pyramid10, Aug 19, 2015
  6. LT2000 Win User
    So is the triple monitor thing out of play? That seems to have the most promise. The two virtual outside monitors would just be peripheral while the center virtual monitor would be where everything is located.

LT2000, Aug 21, 2015
  7. LT2000 Win User
    It got a 27" with 2560x1440 (as opposed to the 34" 3440x1440) so I lose a decent amount of peripheral space that I will really miss. But the menus are far more accessible and I was getting frustrated with windows popping up too far away from the central workspace when you open them (often times to the far left which makes no sense).

The real shame is that the larger 34" should always be superior. But it is not because Windows has not compensated for the ultrawide and doesn't centralize where the common things should be. Everything is too far to the left. It is just an inefficient experience for productivity users. I suspect we will see adjustments in the future. The current approach is not optimal (far from it). Clearly, Windows was designed for monitors up to about 27". There is no consideration for monitors larger than that.

LT2000, Aug 24, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

I agree. the Mouse Acceleration does not work with resolutions over 1920. I found this, let me know if it helps. but it might be designed to reduce acceleration (for games). There may be other solutions, or you might have to get specific hardware that has a higher acceleration rate.

XweAponX, Aug 24, 2015
  9. LT2000 Win User
    Mouse acceleration works for me. Its just that the physical positioning of taskbar items, etc. is not appropriate for an ultrawide monitor.

What they needs is a "default workspace" that you can adjust to your liking. Then the outer perimeters just act as "bonus areas". As is, Windows needlessly forces everything too far from the sweet spot.

LT2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible? - Similar Threads - Taskbar bottom MIDDLE

2. There is a floating 100 in the bottom middle of my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a floating 100 in the bottom middle of my screen: I opened up my laptop to see that there is a random floating 100 on the bottom of my screen, and i don't know how to get rid of it. Please help me....
  3. There is a floating 100 in the bottom middle of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a floating 100 in the bottom middle of my screen: I opened up my laptop to see that there is a random floating 100 on the bottom of my screen, and i don't know how to get rid of it. Please help me....
  4. Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen: Hello, below is an example of my problem:This is a duplicate taskbar that I cannot get rid of. I use an external monitor with my laptop, usually set to extend the laptop display - I will get three taskbars, one normal on my laptop, one normal on my monitor and a second one...
  5. Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen: Hello, below is an example of my problem:This is a duplicate taskbar that I cannot get rid of. I use an external monitor with my laptop, usually set to extend the laptop display - I will get three taskbars, one normal on my laptop, one normal on my monitor and a second one...
  6. Middle-clicking Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Middle-clicking Taskbar icons: Does everybody know that middle-clicking on a Taskbar iconcan/will open another instance of that item Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/middle-clicking-taskbar-icons/e4c80196-181c-4689-8848-c2b9993fea2e
  7. Horizontal lines in the middle of the screen and blurred at the bottom of it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Horizontal lines in the middle of the screen and blurred at the bottom of it.: Please help me, My screen has horizontal line in the middle and blurred at the bottom of it, I tried everything I know to fix it but nothings happened. Update drivers, roll back driver, Network display, Uninstall driver adapters, still nothing is happening. Send help please...
  8. Is it possible to get the windows key on the bottom, while the taskbar is pinned to the left?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to get the windows key on the bottom, while the taskbar is pinned to the left?: This is my current taskbar: https://i.ibb.co/d6r1Nzd/image.png But i am looking for something like this: https://i.ibb.co/nPRz69m/image.png https://i.ibb.co/K5S4nwp/image.png submitted by /u/PizzaPeePee [link] [comments]...
  9. The input indicator show at middle-right not bottom-right

in Windows 10 Support
    The input indicator show at middle-right not bottom-right: Showing at middle-right when switching input language *(Image from Internet) [img] It should be at bottom-right [img] 141913
  10. Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bottom taskbar, task manager, and start bottom not working: It was all working fine and then i decided to turn on my computer and my bottom taskbar stopped working. i cant click anything on it. i have read how to fix it but people have said to use the start button or task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and nothing is working. the rest of my...