Windows 10: Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

Discus and support Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi guys, I really like using a transparent top taskbar and I've just noticed that browser windows (based on Chromium or Mozzilla), once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dwrstudio, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows [​IMG]

Hi guys,
    I really like using a transparent top taskbar and I've just noticed that browser windows (based on Chromium or Mozzilla), once maximized, add an additional border to the top causing this annoying situation where the app seems to continue under the taskbar.

Edge on Colored taskbar

Edge on Transparent taskbar

This doesn't happen with Microsoft Store, File Explorer, Outlook or any other programs.

Microsoft Store on Colored taskbar

Microsoft Store on Transparent taskbar

Whose bug is it? Microsoft? Browsers? Or mine that I shouldn't even bother me with these stupid things?

Any suggestions?
    thanks,
    G.

submitted by /u/dwrstudio
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dwrstudio, Nov 23, 2019

2. Minimize, Maximize and Restore taskbar showing on the top of the screen in Windosw 10.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you taking about the taskbar which is shifted to top of the screen?

• Does the “white bar” show up when you hover your mouse over to the top of the screen?

If you are referring to the taskbar, whose location is now changed to top of the screen, it is because of the changed taskbar settings in the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the taskbar settings and check if the issue is resolved.

• Hover the mouse to the location of the “white bar”, right-click and select
      Properties.

• From the window, select Bottom under
      Taskbar location on screen option.

• Click on Apply and OK
      to check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system, and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?

And don't confuse Maximized with Full Screen, separate things. Full Screen is obtained by pressing F11, does remove/obscure most things such as Toolbars and the Taskbar. Pressing F11 again toggles back to normal view. As mentioned there's also the Auto Hide Taskbar in Settings.
    Pressing F11 does accomplish that.

Berton, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

1. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows - Similar Threads - Taskbar top bug

2. Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]: [ATTACH]Some users have reported quite a strange thing. Their Edge or Chrome browser covers the Taskbar when it is launched on Windows 11 or Windows 10. This happens only when one opens a browser, but the other apps don’t hide the Taskbar. The issue also affects...
  3. Taskbar is behind maximized windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is behind maximized windows: My taskbar shows behind maximized windows on my main display the secondary display does not see this issue. I tried changing all of my taskbar settings and resetting but nothing has worked I want to keep the taskbar hidden when my cursor is not at the side of the screen where...
  4. Windows 10 Maximize bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Maximize bug: [IMG] What on earth is this silly bug? I can't get my Mail app to fully maximize anymore. Bug submitted by /u/amihail [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jznjgu/windows_10_maximize_bug/
  5. Having taskbar on top is glitchy with browsers sometimes

Having taskbar on top is glitchy with browsers sometimes: [IMG] submitted by /u/AlcoholicNerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ef7x/having_taskbar_on_top_is_glitchy_with_browsers/
  6. Maximized windows overlapping taskbar

Maximized windows overlapping taskbar: Im currently using StartIsBack to customize the look of my desktop, but I want to make it so that the taskbar only stays on the desktop, similar to how rainmeter skins work, where you have the option to set it as always on top or only on desktop. Is this possible? submitted...
  7. taskbar and maximizing windows

taskbar and maximizing windows: I'm experiencing an issue where sometimes you will click on the program icon on the taskbar of an open program or folder, yet the program or file explorer won't maximize. If i click the ALT key after I try, the window pops up. It's almost like the file is stuck in the...
  8. Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Make browser sit on top of Taskbar: WINVER: 18362.418 Hi, I'm using mainly OPERA Browser, but i do other browsers as well. I usually like my WIN10 task bar at the bottom of the screen (auto-hide), but ive noticed that the bottom of the browser is hidden behind the taskbar. Is there a way so when my task bar...
  9. Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Make browser sit on top of Taskbar: WINVER: 18362.418 Hi, I'm using mainly OPERA Browser, but i do other browsers as well. I usually like my WIN10 task bar at the bottom of the screen (auto-hide), but ive noticed that the bottom of the browser is hidden behind the taskbar. Is there a way so when my task bar...
  10. taskbar stays on top of maximized window

taskbar stays on top of maximized window: since updating to 1903 the taskbar occasionally stays on top of maximized windows. i have to click it and then click back into the window to get rid of it. not huge deal but happens super often so its annoying. i have already tried restarting windows explorer and also pc like...