Windows 10: Taskbar option greyed out

Discus and support Taskbar option greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges. My system:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Paultx Win User

Taskbar option greyed out

I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges.

My system:

Taskbar option greyed out [​IMG]

English version:

Taskbar option greyed out [​IMG]

Any idea why it is greyed out?

My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in advance.

:)

Paultx, Feb 13, 2019

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2019
  4. PRE
    pre Win User

Minimise to systray instead of exit option?

Hi, not sure if this is in beta version but could I suggest the above option when closing ATitool in the taskbar or x? I keep on closing it by accident.

Thema:

1. Taskbar option greyed out - Similar Threads - Taskbar option greyed

2. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  3. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  4. Show my taskbar on all displays option greyed out Win11Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show my taskbar on all displays option greyed out Win11Pro: Hello,I've connected 2 monitors to my Win11Pro laptop.I'm trying to show my taskbar across all of my screens but the option is greyed out.Any help would be welcome!...
  5. Show my taskbar on all displays option greyed out Win11Pro

Show my taskbar on all displays option greyed out Win11Pro: Hello,I've connected 2 monitors to my Win11Pro laptop.I'm trying to show my taskbar across all of my screens but the option is greyed out.Any help would be welcome!...
  6. Sign-in options all greyed out

Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  7. Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out: Hello, I am running a Windows 10 pc and I frequently play games however I have never had surround sound even though I know it is enabled on my headset. I recently figured out that the issue was with spatial sound itself not being on. My windows is activated and I have tried...
  8. "Erase this disk" option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    "Erase this disk" option greyed out: I use DVD+RW's on a daily basis -- writing, erasing, and rewriting. However, recently, the "erase this disk" option in File Explorer is greyed out. The first time it happened, having failed to find a solution online, I restored my C: partion, which fixed the problem, but is a...
  9. index option greyed out

in Cortana
    index option greyed out: index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce
  10. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hide task bar greyed out

2. add domain option greyed out

3. why is my taskbar on outlook greyed out

4. taskbar on multiple screens greyed out