Windows 10: Taskbar Orientation

Discus and support Taskbar Orientation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i lock taskbar position in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brian Hodge, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Taskbar Orientation

how do i lock taskbar position in Windows 10?

:)

Brian Hodge, Apr 20, 2019

2. Weird Taskbar Orientation

tdemeola,

Welcome to the forum!

It is hard to tell the orientation of the TaskBar in the capture...

• However, to decrease the height of the TaskBar, right-click on its empty area, and uncheck: Lock taskbar (if checked)
    • Place the mouse pointer at the top edge of the TaskBar until the pointer changes into a double-headed arrow.
    • Drag the TaskBar toward the bottom of the screen to decrease the height.
    • Lock the TaskBar by right-clicking on its empty area, and check: Lock the TaskBar
    Hope this helps!

cottonball, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Taskbar Orientation

screen orientation

Hi,

There's an option on Windows 10 to switch between landscape and portrait orientation. We recommend following these steps on how to switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Under Orientation, select on Landscape and click
      Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar Orientation

1. Taskbar Orientation - Similar Threads - Taskbar Orientation

2. What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_person4499 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bndtom/what_is_this_copilot_preview_thats_just_popped/
  3. Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar isn't loading. It either dosen't show or is completly black. The windows key...: I restarted my computer and when it loaded back the taskbar stopped working. I have tried many computer resets, Windows Explorers resets, and used the system file checker and the problem persists....
  4. Move taskbar location, orientation and Feedback options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move taskbar location, orientation and Feedback options: I would like to have the taskbar vertical on the left side for reasons related to less desktop space taken up and ease of use/accessibility. Would not care to hear about data on how often this was used on Windows 10 and certainly not about justifying the bottom taskbar left....
  5. Move taskbar location, orientation and Feedback options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move taskbar location, orientation and Feedback options: I would like to have the taskbar vertical on the left side for reasons related to less desktop space taken up and ease of use/accessibility. Would not care to hear about data on how often this was used on Windows 10 and certainly not about justifying the bottom taskbar left....
  6. Taskbar Orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Orientation: I used to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen but since this Windows 11 update I can’t figure out how to get it back. Is it possible to move it or will I just have to go back to Windows 10?...
  7. Taskbar Orientation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Orientation: I used to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen but since this Windows 11 update I can’t figure out how to get it back. Is it possible to move it or will I just have to go back to Windows 10?...
  8. Automatically move taskbar depending on screen orientation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically move taskbar depending on screen orientation: I'm using a Lenovo Yoga and often flip it into portrait mode to read articles etc. In landscape orientation I have my taskbar pinned to the right since vertical screen space is more important to me than horizontal. When I flip the tablet over to portrait I would like for the...
  9. App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation: Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. Features: Auto-hide taskbar can be...
  10. Weird Taskbar Orientation

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Taskbar Orientation: So I know that this is probably a super simple fix, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it all out. I attached a picture of my taskbar to this thread. The keyboard language, the time and date, and the notification center buttons are all extremely big taking up...