Windows 10: Taskbar / PC Bug?

Discus and support Taskbar / PC Bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I've been having this bug/weird thing happen to me where my apps and taskbar become unusable and it's kind of like my PC is freezing. If I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Occasion-Life, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Taskbar / PC Bug?

Recently I've been having this bug/weird thing happen to me where my apps and taskbar become unusable and it's kind of like my PC is freezing. If I try to shut down or restart my PC it doesn't do anything. Also, for some reason I am able to move my taskbar icons anywhere on the taskbar when this happens, not sure if this is related. Hopefully this isn't anything too serious, any help/feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Occasion-Life
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Occasion-Life, Sep 19, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Windows taskbar Bug?

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like to get more information regarding this issue.

1. Were you able to play the games without the Taskbar interfering earlier?
    2. Were there any updates that were installed recently that you think might have caused the issue?

We appreciate that you tried few steps to fix the issue. We can try few more steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue.

Let us go ahead and disable the Taskbar auto hide feature and check if the issue persists.

1. Right click on empty space of Taskbar.
    2. Select Taskbar settings.
    3. Turn off the switch under Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.
    4. Try playing the game in Full Screen mode and check if the Taskbar interferes with the game play.
    Let us know the results and we will be glad to assist you further.

Looking forward to your response.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar / PC Bug?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar / PC Bug?

1. Taskbar / PC Bug? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Bug

2. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?: So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny....
  3. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?: So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny....
  4. [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar: I'm having an issue whereinThings I have tried but didn't solve the issue.SFC scansDISM scansUninstall the audio driver and reinstall it.Resetting the Windows Explorer on the Task Manager fixes it after resetting the laptop. The issues go back again....
  5. [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar

[Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar: I'm having an issue whereinThings I have tried but didn't solve the issue.SFC scansDISM scansUninstall the audio driver and reinstall it.Resetting the Windows Explorer on the Task Manager fixes it after resetting the laptop. The issues go back again....
  6. Bugged Taskbar Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugged Taskbar Behavior: Hello everyoneI'm on windows 11 22H2 version.the hidden task bar behavior feature is totally bugged, whenever i hover with the mouse around the task bar area it doesn't reappear.it functions only when all the opened windows are minimized.This issue might sound trivial, but a...
  7. Bugged Taskbar Behavior

Bugged Taskbar Behavior: Hello everyoneI'm on windows 11 22H2 version.the hidden task bar behavior feature is totally bugged, whenever i hover with the mouse around the task bar area it doesn't reappear.it functions only when all the opened windows are minimized.This issue might sound trivial, but a...
  8. Taskbar and Start have a bug :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Start have a bug :: Hi, I've been noticing a problem with the Taskbar and Start Menu for some time now. This problem starts as soon as the PC starts, because if I try to hover over the Taskbar with the cursor it doesn't detect it in the lower part of the first three icons including the Windows...
  9. Taskbar and Start have a bug :

Taskbar and Start have a bug :: Hi, I've been noticing a problem with the Taskbar and Start Menu for some time now. This problem starts as soon as the PC starts, because if I try to hover over the Taskbar with the cursor it doesn't detect it in the lower part of the first three icons including the Windows...
  10. Can anyone help me with my taskbar bug ?

Can anyone help me with my taskbar bug ?: My taskbar so weird since last week, this doesn't happend very often but it makes me uncomfortable when using my pc, here's the picture. you can see the my taskbar is invisible and only has some underline which are my using apps when I'm at fullscreen mode or in gaming...