Windows 10: Taskbar / PC Bug?

Discus and support Taskbar / PC Bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I've been having this bug/weird thing happen to me where my apps and taskbar become unusable and it's kind of like my PC is freezing. If I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Occasion-Life, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Taskbar / PC Bug?

Recently I've been having this bug/weird thing happen to me where my apps and taskbar become unusable and it's kind of like my PC is freezing. If I try to shut down or restart my PC it doesn't do anything. Also, for some reason I am able to move my taskbar icons anywhere on the taskbar when this happens, not sure if this is related. Hopefully this isn't anything too serious, any help/feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Occasion-Life
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Occasion-Life, Sep 19, 2020

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Windows taskbar Bug?

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like to get more information regarding this issue.

1. Were you able to play the games without the Taskbar interfering earlier?
    2. Were there any updates that were installed recently that you think might have caused the issue?

We appreciate that you tried few steps to fix the issue. We can try few more steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue.

Let us go ahead and disable the Taskbar auto hide feature and check if the issue persists.

1. Right click on empty space of Taskbar.
    2. Select Taskbar settings.
    3. Turn off the switch under Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.
    4. Try playing the game in Full Screen mode and check if the Taskbar interferes with the game play.
    Let us know the results and we will be glad to assist you further.

Looking forward to your response.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Taskbar / PC Bug?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar / PC Bug?

1. Taskbar / PC Bug? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Bug

2. Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged: I tried many methods on google and none of them worked. I've Steam and some other apps that no matter how many times I tried to delete iconcache, sfc scan, restore commands and such it always shows every app opened in the taskbar as the "security system" icon. How can I solve...
  3. Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged

Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged: I tried many methods on google and none of them worked. I've Steam and some other apps that no matter how many times I tried to delete iconcache, sfc scan, restore commands and such it always shows every app opened in the taskbar as the "security system" icon. How can I solve...
  4. Start and Taskbar glitch/bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start and Taskbar glitch/bug: When I start my laptop this is what I see.. Its not that big of a problem for me but my mother has online classes to teach so it will be hard for her. Can you please help me.. [ATTACH]...
  5. Bug: Some Taskbar Icons stay white in light mode and vice versa

Bug: Some Taskbar Icons stay white in light mode and vice versa: Hi everyone, I recently built a new PC, so everything is up-to-date (2004). However I have the problem that some icons in the taskbar remain white in the light mode and vice versa (see https://imgur.com/a/Ncr97kJ) - basically unreadable. How can I fix this? I am running...
  6. Taskbar Bug, need help!

Taskbar Bug, need help!: [ATTACH] Hey guys, I have a strange bug. In my taskbar, parts of the first symbols in the folders are displayed. I don't want that. I can pull the folders together completely, when the taskbar isn't fixed, but that doesn't change anything. I just want to see the folders...
  7. Windows10 Taskbar bugging out?

Windows10 Taskbar bugging out?: Anyone have problems, just got a new laptop a month back. Resetted the computer for a factory reset cause windows was being buggy. Windows taskbar sometimes won't open unless restarted? Not to mention sometimes the external keyboard I use will have problems with the...
  8. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 bug that causes taskbar to slow down: A Windows 10 bug or design flaw is causing taskbar’s jump list (right-click menu) to slow down on some computers. Windows 10 taskbar comes with a feature called ‘Jump List’, which has been around since Windows 7 and it allows you to right-click an app’s icon to access...
  9. 2004 version bugs volume, ethernet or anything on the taskbar.

2004 version bugs volume, ethernet or anything on the taskbar.: Sence a reacent update with 2004 the taskbar has now bugged out and anything on the right of the taskbar will not open. This isnt a big deal to some but is annoying to everyone as it means you need to right click and open the sound options in settings for you to change...
  10. Good day. I'd like to know what causes this weird bug in the taskbar window preview.

Good day. I'd like to know what causes this weird bug in the taskbar window preview.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_rainex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv74m4/good_day_id_like_to_know_what_causes_this_weird/