Windows 10: Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working

Discus and support Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So basically my win 10 laptop have suddenly started not to show peek for tabs in the taskbar, I checked to see if the option was disabled but no peek... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by joeyjuan, Jun 16, 2021.

1. joeyjuan Win User

Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working

So basically my win 10 laptop have suddenly started not to show peek for tabs in the taskbar, I checked to see if the option was disabled but no peek was enabled. It's really annoying cause it only shows the name of the app open like when you hover oven an item in file manager so if there is multiple tabs i can't access them unless I use the keyboard shortcut. Pls any idea how to fix the problem?

:)

joeyjuan, Jun 16, 2021

2. Windows peek/taskbar Thumbnail not working (Help)

Hi Elias,

We may need to change some settings to enable the peek option. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar on the left pane.
    • Locate Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar option, turn it
      ON.

Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working 4e6ea8e8-0a25-4147-98c9-70329ee94095.png

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jun 16, 2021
  3. EemiTan Win User
    Windows "aero-peek" reqularly only presents blank program icon

This had no effect. Also the aero peek was already enabled. I should clarify that most of the time aero peek works just fine. Just after a while it often "fails" and starts to present only this blank icon. A quick fix is to restart the program, however it
    only fixes it for a while because the problem usually returns after a while.

EemiTan, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working

Taskbar Aero-Peek doesn't work with more than one window

Hi Alex,

Double check if Aero Peek is enabled:

• Click Start Menu
    • In the search box, type in performance
    • Select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
    • Under the Visual Effects Tab, make sure the following are checked:
    • Enable Aero Peek
    • Enable desktop composition
    • Use visual styles on windows and buttons
    5. Click OK.

If that didn't work, run the Aero Troubleshooter.

• Click Start Menu
    • Type in troubleshooting
    • Press Enter
    • Select Display Aero desktop effects
    • Click Next.
    Let the troubleshooter finish the process and it will restart the Aero Peek feature.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working

1. Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working - Similar Threads - Taskbar peek enabled

2. Taskbar and settings will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and settings will not work: Hello I have a new custom built pc, just a few weeks old. After a week of having it, my task bar became unusable, then settings wouldn’t work and half of my apps/games, I couldn’t uninstall any program or even reset windows as it would say ‘undoing changes’ after trying to...
  3. Taskbar and settings will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and settings will not work: Hello I have a new custom built pc, just a few weeks old. After a week of having it, my task bar became unusable, then settings wouldn’t work and half of my apps/games, I couldn’t uninstall any program or even reset windows as it would say ‘undoing changes’ after trying to...
  4. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...: When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is...
  5. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...: When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is...
  6. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Peek doesn't work

Peek doesn't work: After this recent Windows 10 update, peek doesn't work for me anymore, and instead this useless thing pops up. Tried turning peek on and off, to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/peek-doesnt-work/95b962a7-010b-41ae-95e8-f5dd0516ab45
  8. taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing :: so taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing : when i hover my mouse on the apps on taskbar it is glitching like the miniscreen is so oglitching...
  9. Uselessly sized Aero Peek and Taskbar icons, anyone working on resize?

Uselessly sized Aero Peek and Taskbar icons, anyone working on resize?: Screenshot should say it all. 3x27" monitor span, used to nice useful Aero Peek windows in Win 7 and 8.1, I can't see how this little thumbnail at 59x59px is of use to anyone. The icons on the taskbar also now seem to be the middle cousin between Windows XP "Quick Launch"...
  10. how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks

in Windows 10 Support
    how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks: hello :-) I have this weird and annoying problem (pictures included) - https://www.facebook.com/avi.assayag1/media_set?set=a.1... Shutterfly picture 3 - on my desktop, I can only peek my taskbar windows in an icon mode without any thumbnails on, picture 1,2 - on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. peek priview not working properly

2. windows peek stops working

3. windows peek disabled not working