Windows 10: Taskbar peeking is supposed to be turned off but is still happening

Discus and support Taskbar peeking is supposed to be turned off but is still happening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to turn taskbar peeking off. I found the setting that's supposed to do it, and unchecked it, but it's still happening. Looking here I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by quinncollard, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Taskbar peeking is supposed to be turned off but is still happening

I want to turn taskbar peeking off. I found the setting that's supposed to do it, and unchecked it, but it's still happening. Looking here I found someone suggesting adding a key called "ExtendedUIHoverTime" to the registry, but I couldn't get that to work--the person said to write it all out in Notepad and save it as a reg file, but when I did that when I tried to merge it with the registry it told me it wasn't a real registry file (and yes I did make sure that the extension on the file was .reg). I also tried adding it in the registry editor myself but that didn't change anything.

:)

quinncollard, Sep 2, 2018

2. Windows peek/taskbar Thumbnail not working (Help)

Hi Elias,

We may need to change some settings to enable the peek option. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar on the left pane.
    • Locate Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar option, turn it
      ON.

Taskbar peeking is supposed to be turned off but is still happening [​IMG]

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Buggy taskbar Windows 10/ twitchy show desktop/ peek button.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s turn off the Peek option and check. Follow the below step.

• Right click on the Windows task bar and click on Properties.

• Uncheck the option Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Sow desktop button at the end of the taskbar.

• Now click on Apply and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Teemosan Win User

Taskbar peeking is supposed to be turned off but is still happening

How do I change Taskbar icon preview from Thumbnail peek to List peek in Win 10 v 1703?

I'm running Win 10 Creators Update v 1703 build 15063.332 on a Samsung 850 EVO SSD \ i7 desktop PC \ R9 390 GPU with Crimson 17.5.2 drivers.

How do I change the Taskbar icon preview from Thumbnail peek to List peek in Win 10 v 1703. It would be the same type of taskbar icon previews as it was in Win XP.

Is there a way to change this natively in Win 10 v 1703?

Thanks

Teemosan, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar peeking is supposed to be turned off but is still happening

1. Taskbar peeking is supposed to be turned off but is still happening - Similar Threads - Taskbar peeking supposed

2. I turned off News and Interests; however, it is still on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off News and Interests; however, it is still on the taskbar: Hello, I turned off News and Interests; however, it is still on the taskbar. Yes, I restarted. Any thoughts on a solution would be appreciated. Thank you....
  3. I turned off News and Interests; however, it is still on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off News and Interests; however, it is still on the taskbar: Hello, I turned off News and Interests; however, it is still on the taskbar. Yes, I restarted. Any thoughts on a solution would be appreciated. Thank you....
  4. I turned off News and Interests; however, it is still on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is LOCK supposed to turn off power to PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is LOCK supposed to turn off power to PC?: On my Old Dell 1440 I run Windows 10 20H2 and use the LOCK (off Start Menu) when I am finished. I am using the Laptop only on AC power usually. I have noticed since about last 1-2 weeks that my PC never powers off, i.e., Power Button remains on. Prior to that, when I did a...
  6. This is NOT supposed to happen.

This is NOT supposed to happen.: [ATTACH] But when I do it manually, it works fine... Also... Also...[ATTACH]<---- That is not supposed to be there, please fix this and remove the folder....
  7. I can't turn off Aero Peek.

I can't turn off Aero Peek.: Since our Windows Update, Peak had enabled itself and I can't turn it off by either of the methods. I had read that there is an Aero Peek troubleshooter, but it's unclear to me where it is....
  8. How to completely turn off Aero Peek

How to completely turn off Aero Peek: I have done everything I can to turn off Aero Peek. I'm referring to the thumbnail previews you see when you mouse over an open item on your bottom taskbar. For example, if I have Word open but am looking at my desktop, if I mouse over the "Microsoft Word" icon in the taskbar...
  9. Monitor Turns off- Clean Installed 5 times! Still happening

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Turns off- Clean Installed 5 times! Still happening: I'm beyond frustrated with this issue. I've been running windows 10 for quite some time when I had multiple crashes yesterday whilst gaming, culminating in a failed registry fix I attempted which locked me out of windows. After reinstalling windows, I was presented with...
  10. Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10 You can use Peek (aka: Aero Peek) to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar. This can be useful for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10v 關閉peek