Windows 10: Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.

Discus and support Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is what I hoped for. A pinned program when clicked just gets underlined and when moused over shows windows active. It does not replicate it self... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bmazak, Jun 13, 2020.

1. bmazak Win User

Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.

Here is what I hoped for. A pinned program when clicked just gets underlined and when moused over shows windows active. It does not replicate it self filling the task bar. The shortcut settings pass any parameters to the program when started. I have read a lot about this and I was told if I create the shortcut from the program files location, instead of from the desktop right click, the pinned Icon will function correctly. This is true except for this one program, xplorer2. This program not only duplicates itself but it does not pass the shortcut parms and does not even show the correct icon. I have contacted the developer and his instructions for creating the shortcut as mentioned above were followed. Now in settings, taskbar, Combine taskbar buttons if this setting is Never, xplorer2 shows the duplicated Icon and show the correct icon and passes the startup parms correctly. Only when the setting is set to Always Hide Labels, does this one program have a problem. I have been told that this is a developer problem and he denies that. So, what is the solution or some other way to create the shortcut to get this problem solved.
    The bad part is the shortcut does not pick up the passed parameters when labels are off. Double clicking the program desktop shortcut works perfect.
    Win 10 ver 1909
    Problem 2:

Excel 2010. The task bar icon works just great except for one thing. It shows a list of different spreadsheets I have icons on the desktop for, and the program for a new spreadsheet. I want this taskbar pinned to only one spreadsheet. Worked fine in windows 7. This defeats the one click pinned program advantage. This also points to a bad passing of shortcut parameters. In order to get the spreadsheet I want I have to right click the pinned taskbar Icon and select the spreadsheet I want and it does not duplicate itself on the taskbar.

Thanks for you help

:)

bmazak, Jun 13, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Customizing a program's taskbar icon (for all instances)

- just tried that with Waterfox (FF derivative); customised the icon, pinned it to the taskbar, launched several instances of Waterfox. Icon remained, jump lists ok.. nothing unusual.

(But I am using 1709..)

dalchina, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Lugh Win User
    Windows 10 Pro - Duplicate Pinned Taskbar Icons

I only have one other suggestion I can think of. Unpin it from Taskbar, and then launch the program. How many icons on the Taskbar now?

Just thinking that maybe your pinned icon is for the old version, and the program insists on launching the newer icon.

4. smerling Win User

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

smerling, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon. - Similar Threads - Taskbar pinned program

2. Taskbar Resizing a single Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Resizing a single Icon: I am running Windows 10 on my PC. Suddenly two icons on the taskbar have become so small it is unreadable. All of the other icons are the proper size and the TASK bar setting for small icons is turned off. How to I return these two icons to the proper size?...
  3. Taskbar Resizing a single Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Resizing a single Icon: I am running Windows 10 on my PC. Suddenly two icons on the taskbar have become so small it is unreadable. All of the other icons are the proper size and the TASK bar setting for small icons is turned off. How to I return these two icons to the proper size?...
  4. Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar: Only 3rd party programs icons are not showing, windows' programs icons are showing correctly.I can't add screenshot because your editor here doesn't work as it should....
  5. Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar

Generic icons for programs pinned to taskbar: Only 3rd party programs icons are not showing, windows' programs icons are showing correctly.I can't add screenshot because your editor here doesn't work as it should....
  6. Win 10 Taskbar one icon for each instance of app. Prefer a single icon

Win 10 Taskbar one icon for each instance of app. Prefer a single icon: On Win 10 Taskbar, each time I have an application open multiple times for instance file explorer, there is a new icon on the taskbar for each instance that clutters up the taskbar. I'd prefer a single icon with the number of instances in parentheses to show how many...
  7. Customizing a program's taskbar icon (for all instances)

Customizing a program's taskbar icon (for all instances): I want to customize the icon of a certain program (in this case Firefox). There are many instructions on how to supposedly achieve this by e.g. simply going to any shortcut (in Explorer or Desktop), Properties, Change Icon. Then pinning this shortcut to taskbar puts the...
  8. Change taskbar icons of pinned programs

Change taskbar icons of pinned programs: I'd like to change the icon of these icons, but I found no obvious way. [img] 15861
  9. Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.

Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.: I have a Bible program in my taskbar that when I click on it, a popup appears asking if I want to continue installing Office Professional 2003, which is already installed. If I let it run the message pops up that is attached by screen capture. Even if I try to start eSword...
  10. Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently: As you can see in the picture below, when I click the Firefox icon, it disappears. Instead, I want it to be there permanently. How to achieve this? [img] 86415