Windows 10: Taskbar pinned running program marker line problems

Discus and support Taskbar pinned running program marker line problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I've got two problems with the line next to the running programs on the taskbar of win10. I use the taskbar on the left as I always did (monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ysu, Feb 16, 2021.

1. YSU
    ysu Win User

Taskbar pinned running program marker line problems

Hi
    I've got two problems with the line next to the running programs on the taskbar of win10.

I use the taskbar on the left as I always did (monitors are wider than tall). I use a lot of pinned programs, too, for an easy start to the day.
    Some programs are running, and usually I'm getting a thin, accent-coloured line next to them.

Problem 1:
    This line is very thin and it's on the edge of the screen, so it's not very useful (win7 was much better highlighting the running programs)
    Screenshot to illustrate the problem:
    Taskbar pinned running program marker line problems [​IMG]

(mind you it looks much better here; on the monitor it's off to the far left, hence it looks about half as wide)

And problem 2:
    if I change the "Scale and layout" to anything custom (advanced scaling settings, enter a custom scaling size, reset computer) then these lines completely disappear.

The sad thing is that I'm using a 43" 4K screen here, and 100% is too small, 125% too large, 110% is ideal - and guess what; it's a non-standard scale. Taskbar pinned running program marker line problems :(

I'm wondering if there's any way to make the line thicker, make it always appear, or even better; return to the win7 way of highlighting the icons?

Thanks in advance

:)

2. Pinning programs to the taskbar

When I pin a program to the taskbar, it does it correctly and the icon is visible and clickable. However, when I click the icon to run the program, the program opens but two icons now become visible on the taskbar: the original pinned program and the
    running program. It does this with Firefox, Musicbee, and almost all of the programs that I pin. Does anyone have a possible solution to this?

BenjaminKitchens, Feb 16, 2021
  3. EBFH Win User
    Pin program to taskbar acts weird

I pinned a program to the taskbar, however, it doesn't stay minimized in a way that upon clicking on it it opens back up.

I am attaching a screenshot.

I need to actually right-click on its icon in the taskbar and then click on its name in order to open it.

Usually icons of programs pinned in the taskbar will have thin blue line underneath which marks it is running.

I tried all settings in the program itself but none seems to work, so I am wondering if is a Windows issue

4. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar pinned running program marker line problems - Similar Threads - Taskbar pinned running

2. How to pin a program to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin a program to the taskbar: I tried https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-apps-and-folders-to-the-desktop-or-taskbar-f3c749fb-e298-4cf1-adda-7fd635df6bb0#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 but both options described there simply open the program. If the program is already open, it opens a second...
  3. How to pin a program to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin a program to the taskbar: I tried https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-apps-and-folders-to-the-desktop-or-taskbar-f3c749fb-e298-4cf1-adda-7fd635df6bb0#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 but both options described there simply open the program. If the program is already open, it opens a second...
  4. How to pin a program to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to pin programs to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin programs to the taskbar: After a system restore I cannot pin programs to the taskbar any more apart from certain Windows programs like the snipping tool, but not explorer.exe for example.I have tried every single solution/suggestion I have found online, but it still won't do it. I have also tried to...
  6. Taskbar pinned running program is not marked prominently enough.

Taskbar pinned running program is not marked prominently enough.: Hi I've got two problems with the line next to the running programs on the taskbar of win10. I use the taskbar on the left as I always did monitors are wider than tall. I use a lot of pinned programs, too, for an easy start to the day. Some programs are running, and usually...
  7. Excel: Is it possible to move a line marker with the arrow key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Excel: Is it possible to move a line marker with the arrow key?: I mark a LINE, attention not cell, and want to move this marker. Can you do that? Excel: Zeilenmarkierung mit Pfeiltaste verschieben möglich?
  8. Pinned programs on taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned programs on taskbar issue: Windows 10 used to keep your pinned programs together between the search bar and currently open programs. How can I get it back like this? Currently, my pinned programs appear on the taskbar but interweaved with whatever programs I have open. If I have a program open that...
  9. Hide pinned and running programs on taskbar.

Hide pinned and running programs on taskbar.: Hi, guys. I'm new here and this is my first thread. As the title said, how do I hide (not remove) pinned and running programs on taskbar? And appears when I hover on start button? I just want my desktop a bit cleaner but easy to access my favorite programs. I've...
  10. Pinned programs on all taskbars.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pinned programs on all taskbars.: Heya. On Win7 using a program like DisplayFusion you could have pinned programs show on all taskbars while having windows only show on the taskbar for the screen its on. Does anyone know if its possible to do the same in Win10? I know these settings exists but there...