Windows 10: Taskbar popping up for no reason

Discus and support Taskbar popping up for no reason in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm new to windows 10 and having the problem with the taskbar popping up randomly. I've read other threads and found no solution and my issue might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LocalHero, May 25, 2017.

1. LocalHero Win User

Taskbar popping up for no reason

I'm new to windows 10 and having the problem with the taskbar popping up randomly. I've read other threads and found no solution and my issue might be a little different. I have the TB set to automatically hide. The TB pops up at random intervals, stays up for maybe a second and as far as I can see, there's no notification or reason for it to come up. It does it quite often and if I'm typing, it interrupts the typing so that I end up with missing letters in my text and I have to correct.
    I've turned off all notifications I can find in settings, every one. It doesn't seem to matter. I've disabled the touchpad so I know I'm not hitting it as I type. Everything about it seems random. I've started timing the popups and the last three have been 3 minutes, 7 minutes and 30 seconds apart... It's driving me nuts. (make that four times...)

:)

LocalHero, May 25, 2017
  2. Steve16qo Win User

How do you disable task bar small pop-up windows?

How does one disable miniature pop-up windows when hovering over icons in the taskbar? When my mouse pointer touches a taskbar icon, the small window that sort of looks like the application pops up just above the taskbar icon. How can I disable those pop-ups?

Steve16qo, May 25, 2017
  3. How do I stop Cortana popping up?

So, when it is up open its Settings to make sure that Taskbar tidbits is not on. Otherwise, provided you don't have the Search bar or its icon in your Taskbar there would be no reason to see Cortana. E.g., as I indicated I only see it when I do something
    that causes it to be shown, such as press Win-Q or start a search from the Taskbar but then Backspace out of my typing. In fact, there is one other odd circumstance that it "pops" up: apparently my microphone sometimes comes on and something that is "heard"
    by the software makes it pipe up and say "Sorry, I didn't get that." Otherwise, as I said, I never see it (or hear it) unless there is something understandable that I have done to make it show.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, May 25, 2017
Thema:

Taskbar popping up for no reason

1. Taskbar popping up for no reason - Similar Threads - Taskbar popping reason

2. [Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Cannot connect to server "Windows"] pop up for no explicable reason: Windows 10 on parallels on mac, Suddenly on startup I get a pop up box that says [there was a problem connecting to server "windows"] and below it the standard server may not exist, check ip etc. But I have NO CLUE what or where this is trying to connect. I have no server...
  3. Taskbar popping up in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar popping up in games: This is difficult to explain but when I play any windows store game open, my taskbar pops up when my mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen. Hiding the taskbar doesn't work. Restarting windows explorer doesn't work. Games like Forza Horizon 4 and Halo Wars 2 have this...
  4. Turn off taskbar pop up notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off taskbar pop up notifications?: I would like to prevent my Windows 10 taskbar popping up at any time. My taskbar pops up to send me notifications from various apps and I would like to stop that completely. Is there a way to disable the taskbar from ever popping up, so that it only appears when the cursor...
  5. Input Indicator keeps popping up on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Indicator keeps popping up on taskbar: Hello there! My display language is in English (Philippines) and it's the only language I have installed. Weirdly enough, I noticed that when I open up CS:GO (a game), the input indicator pops up at the right part of my taskbar. I've tried everything, I've disabled it in...
  6. Stop hidden taskbar popping up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop hidden taskbar popping up.: Hi All, I want to stop apps "Flashing" / notifiying me and making the taskbar auto popup. This gets very annoying and i would much rather go to the taskbar when I want not when it thinks I want to. Thanks 48612
  7. Problem with Win10 "pop up" taskbar windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Win10 "pop up" taskbar windows: Ok so i'll try to explain my problem, explain my theory and tell you what I've done so far... So it started with a problem with "ghost icons" in the taskbar, so icons with no image, which were not pinned but still took space in my taskbar... I've ran a command prompt line...
  8. Blank taskbar pop-up - possible cause?

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank taskbar pop-up - possible cause?: Hello, I'm in need of help. Thing is, I have asked around about my problem in other corners of the web and got ignored, so hopefully this time would be different... I am running the TH2 version of Win10 x64 Pro with 2 installed languages - English and Russian. English is...
  9. CMD Popping up without reason

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Popping up without reason: ^Title. I have seen and followed the advice as shown in this thread: Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears. Solved - Windows 10 Forums And using Powershell I've come to the following result [img] So, what would you guys suggest I do now? Thanks in advance....
  10. HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up.

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP-- Stop Taskbar Popping up.: Hey Everyone I have a question for some help on something that is annoying me for a very long time. When i have a program open like Teamspeak or Discord and someone types something on chat you get a notification update and your taskbar pops up highlighting the icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar keeps popping up.forza 4