Windows 10: Taskbar popping up for no reason

Discus and support Taskbar popping up for no reason in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm new to windows 10 and having the problem with the taskbar popping up randomly. I've read other threads and found no solution and my issue might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LocalHero, May 25, 2017.

1. LocalHero Win User

Taskbar popping up for no reason

I'm new to windows 10 and having the problem with the taskbar popping up randomly. I've read other threads and found no solution and my issue might be a little different. I have the TB set to automatically hide. The TB pops up at random intervals, stays up for maybe a second and as far as I can see, there's no notification or reason for it to come up. It does it quite often and if I'm typing, it interrupts the typing so that I end up with missing letters in my text and I have to correct.
    I've turned off all notifications I can find in settings, every one. It doesn't seem to matter. I've disabled the touchpad so I know I'm not hitting it as I type. Everything about it seems random. I've started timing the popups and the last three have been 3 minutes, 7 minutes and 30 seconds apart... It's driving me nuts. (make that four times...)

:)

LocalHero, May 25, 2017
  2. Steve16qo Win User

How do you disable task bar small pop-up windows?

How does one disable miniature pop-up windows when hovering over icons in the taskbar? When my mouse pointer touches a taskbar icon, the small window that sort of looks like the application pops up just above the taskbar icon. How can I disable those pop-ups?

Steve16qo, May 25, 2017
  3. How do I stop Cortana popping up?

So, when it is up open its Settings to make sure that Taskbar tidbits is not on. Otherwise, provided you don't have the Search bar or its icon in your Taskbar there would be no reason to see Cortana. E.g., as I indicated I only see it when I do something
    that causes it to be shown, such as press Win-Q or start a search from the Taskbar but then Backspace out of my typing. In fact, there is one other odd circumstance that it "pops" up: apparently my microphone sometimes comes on and something that is "heard"
    by the software makes it pipe up and say "Sorry, I didn't get that." Otherwise, as I said, I never see it (or hear it) unless there is something understandable that I have done to make it show.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, May 25, 2017
Thema:

Taskbar popping up for no reason

1. Taskbar popping up for no reason - Similar Threads - Taskbar popping reason

2. The processing error keeps popping up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The processing error keeps popping up for no reason.: The processing error keeps popping up. I have Microsoft Word on my Mac, and it has the latest update. The processing tab keeps popping up whenever I try to scroll, or even type something in my document....
  3. Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program, and never does...
  4. Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Stop pops up for no reason.: Every time that I try to install a program by clicking on the setup.exe file, the Windows store pops up and asks me if I want to search the Microsoft Store for the app that I am trying to install. The strange thing is this only happens when I install a program, and never does...
  5. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not popping up.: Hi, in the last few days I have this really irritating problem where; my taskbar will not pop-up. I'm using the feature where the task bar hides when there is no cursor on it. I tried the restart file explorer method, that doesn't seem to work though. Full restarts do help...
  6. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not popping up.: Hi, in the last few days I have this really irritating problem where; my taskbar will not pop-up. I'm using the feature where the task bar hides when there is no cursor on it. I tried the restart file explorer method, that doesn't seem to work though. Full restarts do help...
  7. Taskbar not popping up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. taskbar pop up disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar pop up disabled: hello , i would like to ask help for my taskbar being locked , when i hover over an already opened app , it is not showing any pop op to take a peek into the app, i faced this issue recently and dont know what to do , please help...
  9. Taskbar popping up in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar popping up in games: This is difficult to explain but when I play any windows store game open, my taskbar pops up when my mouse cursor is at the bottom of the screen. Hiding the taskbar doesn't work. Restarting windows explorer doesn't work. Games like Forza Horizon 4 and Halo Wars 2 have this...
  10. CMD Popping up without reason

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Popping up without reason: ^Title. I have seen and followed the advice as shown in this thread: Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears. Solved - Windows 10 Forums And using Powershell I've come to the following result [img] So, what would you guys suggest I do now? Thanks in advance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar keeps popping up.forza 4