Windows 10: Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode

Discus and support Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Tried using MS Store apps but have repeatedly ran into this issue which severely destroys any semblance of enjoyment; When using a Windows Store UWP... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ItsBildo, Jun 19, 2019.

1. ItsBildo Win User

Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode

Tried using MS Store apps but have repeatedly ran into this issue which severely destroys any semblance of enjoyment; When using a Windows Store UWP Game, if my mouse hits the taskbar area, the taskbar pops up and locks my inputs (as it thinks I want to click on my taskbar, not the big full screen app I am currently engaging in). How do I disable that from happening? I have looked high and low, and only got silly answers like "Make sure the game is in fullscreen" Yeah, it is. Ive been PC gaming for over a decade, I know how to set Full Screen, not Windowed or w/e crazyness. Also, no, "Auto-Hide Taskbar" is equally as useless, as again when my mouse ventures to the lower part of the screen, the damn taskbar pops up interrupting my gaming experience.

How do I fix this ungodly annoyance?

***Original title: When using a Windows Store UWP Game, if my mouse hits the taskbar area, it pops up and locks my inputs. How do I disable that from happening?***

:)

ItsBildo, Jun 19, 2019

2. Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the Taskbar pops up when the mouse hovers at the bottom of the screen, while the game is running in Full screen mode. Ideally, some games allow you to hide the Taskbar while playing games and some will show the Taskbar by default.
    We would like to know, if this issue occurs with all the games or only with one particular game.

If you are facing this issue with one particular game, then there must be some in game setting that you might have to change. If you are facing this issue with all the games, then you can try one workaround and see if that helps.

The workaround is to close Windows Explorer process while you are playing game. This will allow you to play the game uninterruptedly. However, when you End the Windows Explorer process, all the windows that are running in the background will be closed,
    which allow you to play the game without any interruption of the Taskbar. When you want all the windows back, you can restart the Windows Explorer process.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key while playing game, this will open
      Task Manager.
    2. Look for Windows Explorer process, right click on it and select
      End Task.
    3. When you want the windows back, open Task Manager by following
      Step 1, and click on File.
    4. Click on Run new task, type
      explorer.exe
      and click on OK. Windows Explorer will be restarted and you will have all the windows back again.

Meanwhile, I would also encourage you to provide a feedback using the
    feedback hub
    on Windows 10, so that our engineering team can look into this.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 27, 2019
  3. ItsBildo Win User

Tried using MS Store apps but have repeatedly ran into this issue which severely destroys any semblance of enjoyment; When using a Windows Store UWP Game, if my mouse hits the taskbar area, the taskbar pops up and locks my inputs (as it thinks I want to
    click on my taskbar, not the big full screen app I am currently engaging in). How do I disable that from happening? I have looked high and low, and only got silly answers like "Make sure the game is in fullscreen" Yeah, it is. Ive been PC gaming for over a
    decade, I know how to set Full Screen, not Windowed or w/e crazyness. Also, no, "Auto-Hide Taskbar" is equally as useless, as again when my mouse ventures to the lower part of the screen, the damn taskbar pops up interrupting my gaming experience.

How do I fix this ungodly annoyance?

***Original title: When using a Windows Store UWP Game, if my mouse hits the taskbar area, it pops up and locks my inputs. How do I disable that from happening?***

ItsBildo, Jun 27, 2019
  4. SašaSale Win User

Taskbar in fullscreen

When I am in fullscreen watching youtube video or playing a game my taskbar hides as it should but when I go down with my mouse it appears again. So basically I can not play video games on the internet in fullscreen because everytime I want to look down
    for example my taskbar pops up and it prevents me from doing so. Also when I am watching youtube video and want to exit fullscreen I go with my mouse to the bottom right corner I again my taskbar appears and I can not click the button.

SašaSale, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar pops up while playing a game in fullscreen mode - Similar Threads - Taskbar pops while

2. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  3. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  4. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode: when im watching youtube ,playing games in full screen mode if my mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen the taskbar always pop up ,its so annoying when my character in game looking down then the taskbar will pop up...
  6. Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode: when im watching youtube ,playing games in full screen mode if my mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen the taskbar always pop up ,its so annoying when my character in game looking down then the taskbar will pop up...
  7. Screen flickers while playing games in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickers while playing games in fullscreen: This has been an issue for months now, and I've tried many different fixes such as updating my graphics drivers and regularly restarting my computer, but it's all been to no avail. When I'm not in fullscreen, the issue is nonexistent. I have no idea what it could be at this...
  8. Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar automatically pops up while playing games: Bought GEars 4 started to play. Everything suits, but the game often turns out that the top / bottom panel crawls out, which leads to inconvenience, as well as a spontaneous pause in the game every 30 seconds … It is clear that the work of WIN10 applications works this way,...
  9. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...
  10. Taskbar and Close,Minimize,Maximize "pop up" in Fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Close,Minimize,Maximize "pop up" in Fullscreen mode: Hi all I noticed the problem when i watch flashplayer movies in Edge or use the desktop-app/Win10-Store-App Netflix. Flashplayer movies on Firefox works everything fine - as expected. But in Edge or Netflix when i move the mouse to the bottom of the screen the taskbar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar while playing rainbow six siege

2. how to hide taskbar when playing games

3. win 10 taskbar appears at the bottom of a fullscreen game

4. windows task bar pops up in microsoft games,
  5. gta full screen task bar,
  6. taskbar poppin up in minecraft,
  7. task bar appears when full screen gaming,
  8. taskbar interrupting full screen,
  9. taskbar appears while fullscreen microsoft,
  10. taskbar interfere when playing,
  11. uwp hdr issue switching when chrome pops up,