Windows 10: Taskbar "popups" go away when moving the mouse off of the taskbar and into the pop-up

Discus and support Taskbar "popups" go away when moving the mouse off of the taskbar and into the pop-up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any time I click anything on the taskbar that generates any sort of "pop-up" menu ("pop-out" in the case of notifications), the resulting menu will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user_equals_newUser, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Taskbar "popups" go away when moving the mouse off of the taskbar and into the pop-up

Any time I click anything on the taskbar that generates any sort of "pop-up" menu ("pop-out" in the case of notifications), the resulting menu will close as soon as I get near the top of the taskbar. This happens for everything except the start menu, search bar, and icon overflow/ hidden icon tray.

Demonstration of this issue (I believe a clearer version is attached to this post)

https://giphy.com/gifs/Sw5uDd52O8IQis2TD5/html5

It should be noted that:

- I've figured out that if I put the mouse at the bottom of the taskbar, very quickly move it up, and then click the target while I'm already moving I can SOMETIMES get the mouse above the taskbar before the menu opens. As long as the mouse is still in the menu, it will stay up.

- In the event I have multiple instances of a program open, if (instead of clicking the icon) I hover above the icon for what seems like an eternity it will show the preview of each instance and I can move above the taskbar without an issue.

Things I've tried:

- Enabling/disabling animations

- Changing registry value for MenuShowDelay

- Lock/Unlock the task bar

- Enable/Disabling just about everything in the Taskbar Settings

Normally le google works magic with these types of issues, but not this time. I'm probably using the wrong term by calling them "pop-ups" but I'm not sure what else to refer to them as. So if you have any documentation references or any ideas on what to try next, please help before I go completely insane.

submitted by /u/user_equals_newUser
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/user_equals_newUser, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar window popups

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design. However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Taskbar "popups" go away when moving the mouse off of the taskbar and into the pop-up

Search and taskbar keeps popping up

Hi Sazmo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design.

However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar "popups" go away when moving the mouse off of the taskbar and into the pop-up

1. Taskbar "popups" go away when moving the mouse off of the taskbar and into the pop-up - Similar Threads - Taskbar popups away

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen: Games work fine in fullscreen, but have the taskbar visible on top of the game window in windowedfullscreen. Game max native resolution is 3440x1440 and my monitor is 3840x1600. How do I fix this?...
  4. Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar will not go away when playing games in WindowedFullscreen: Games work fine in fullscreen, but have the taskbar visible on top of the game window in windowedfullscreen. Game max native resolution is 3440x1440 and my monitor is 3840x1600. How do I fix this?...
  5. Taskbar won't go away automatically

Taskbar won't go away automatically: On two of my W10 computers the taskbar stays put no matter what app is open. On others, the taskbar disappears reliably. Having the taskbar not disappear is a huge problem when using Excel and other apps that have commands and adjustments at the bottom of the screen. For...
  6. Taskbar not going away

Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  7. Taskbar won't go away

Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  8. taskbar wont go away when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar wont go away when playing games: I know why. It is because i moved my primary taskbar to my 2nd monitor but I really want my primary taskbar on my 2nd monitor since my temps and usage are taskbar icons. Is there a way to fix this? Or is there another method to display taskbar icons on the 2nd monitor other...
  9. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  10. Turn off taskbar pop up notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off taskbar pop up notifications?: I would like to prevent my Windows 10 taskbar popping up at any time. My taskbar pops up to send me notifications from various apps and I would like to stop that completely. Is there a way to disable the taskbar from ever popping up, so that it only appears when the cursor...