Windows 10: Taskbar popups (such as search, calendar) keep showing up at top of screen, how do I...

Discus and support Taskbar popups (such as search, calendar) keep showing up at top of screen, how do I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I make a search on the taskbar, click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom, or the calendar icon, the resulting "pop-up" is always aligned at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by momatoes, May 9, 2019.

1. momatoes Win User

Taskbar popups (such as search, calendar) keep showing up at top of screen, how do I...

Whenever I make a search on the taskbar, click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom, or the calendar icon, the resulting "pop-up" is always aligned at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom where the taskbar is. Please see screenshot below.

My question is, how do I restore these pop-ups to the bottom where they should belong? As far as I know I have not toggled any setting that should allow this. Any assistance would be much appreciated, thank you.

Taskbar popups (such as search, calendar) keep showing up at top of screen, how do I... 60769c06-531a-43a0-bf47-8c6a704ca893?upload=true.jpg

:)

momatoes, May 9, 2019

2. Minimize, Maximize and Restore taskbar showing on the top of the screen in Windosw 10.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you taking about the taskbar which is shifted to top of the screen?

• Does the “white bar” show up when you hover your mouse over to the top of the screen?

If you are referring to the taskbar, whose location is now changed to top of the screen, it is because of the changed taskbar settings in the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the taskbar settings and check if the issue is resolved.

• Hover the mouse to the location of the “white bar”, right-click and select
      Properties.

• From the window, select Bottom under
      Taskbar location on screen option.

• Click on Apply and OK
      to check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system, and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 9, 2019
  3. Taskbar on Top of screen, cant add search box?

Is there a way to have the search box show on the taskbar when the taskbar has been relocated to the top of the screen? All I can seem to figure out is how to have an icon for search instead of the box actually in the taskbar.

neurogenesis, May 9, 2019
  4. Taskbar popups (such as search, calendar) keep showing up at top of screen, how do I...

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar popups (such as search, calendar) keep showing up at top of screen, how do I...

1. Taskbar popups (such as search, calendar) keep showing up at top of screen, how do I... - Similar Threads - Taskbar popups such

2. Taskbar popups don't show up when clicked Search, Start, Calendar, etc and I can't update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar popups don't show up when clicked Search, Start, Calendar, etc and I can't update...: My taskbar is unresponsive when I click on the start, search, calendar, network, volume, and notifications buttons. I am able to click on the applications, but not the buttons that I have just listed. I have tried restarting services, the explorer, and running...
  3. Taskbar popups don't show up when clicked Search, Start, Calendar, etc and I can't update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar popups don't show up when clicked Search, Start, Calendar, etc and I can't update...: My taskbar is unresponsive when I click on the start, search, calendar, network, volume, and notifications buttons. I am able to click on the applications, but not the buttons that I have just listed. I have tried restarting services, the explorer, and running...
  4. Taskbar popups don't show up when clicked Search, Start, Calendar, etc and I can't update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do i move the taskbar to the top of the screen windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i move the taskbar to the top of the screen windows 11: so i just did an update and since then my computer is laggy it was perfectly fine before doing the update and the taskbar is back at the bottom of the screen. i already tried going into the regedit and changing the value to 01 to make it go to the top and restarting windows...
  6. How do i move the taskbar to the top of the screen windows 11

How do i move the taskbar to the top of the screen windows 11: so i just did an update and since then my computer is laggy it was perfectly fine before doing the update and the taskbar is back at the bottom of the screen. i already tried going into the regedit and changing the value to 01 to make it go to the top and restarting windows...
  7. how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11?: how do i move the taskbar to top of screen in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-taskbar-to-top-of-screen-in/13cf01e6-9aaf-4073-9876-b1e2d551d812
  8. How do I move the taskbar to the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the taskbar to the top of the screen: For me it is 100 times more convenient to have the task bar at the top of the screen, but I can't see a way to put it at the top in Windows 11....
  9. How do I move the taskbar to the top of the screen

How do I move the taskbar to the top of the screen: For me it is 100 times more convenient to have the task bar at the top of the screen, but I can't see a way to put it at the top in Windows 11....
  10. How do i remove the top apps section of the search screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i remove the top apps section of the search screen: I dont want to see it submitted by /u/Several-Wear4223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kexvp2/how_do_i_remove_the_top_apps_section_of_the/