Windows 10: Taskbar position resetting

Discus and support Taskbar position resetting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I recently got a new PC and I've just set everything up. Now, I always like to have my taskbar along the top of my screen, and that was of course... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jester_13, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Jester_13 Win User

Taskbar position resetting

So, I recently got a new PC and I've just set everything up. Now, I always like to have my taskbar along the top of my screen, and that was of course one of the first things I did. But whenever I get automatically logged out after being away for too long, the taskbar resets to the bottom of my screen.

I've tried deactivating the autologout option in registry editor, but it's apparently already deactivated.

Any help? I really don't want to have to position my taskbar every single time I start up my computer.

:)

Jester_13, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Taskbar on top layer (not position) in full screen mode

Hello,

Looks like you are having issue with your taskbar.

We recommend that you unpin all items from your taskbar and see if the issue persists.

Refer to the steps below to unpin apss from the taskbar:

Taskbar position resetting 2568d4cb-eebf-4eaf-9f7d-494e6fd40266.png

• Right-click on the icon you want to unpin.
    • Select Unpin from taskbar.
    • Repeat process until all apps are removed.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Taskbar position resetting

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar position resetting

1. Taskbar position resetting - Similar Threads - Taskbar position resetting

2. Taskbar Positioning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Positioning?: I have two questions, which are related.1. Does anyone know if I will ever be able to shift my taskbar to the top of the screen instead of the bottom? Or is there a non hacky way to do it now that I missed?2. Does anyone know why Microsoft has actively made W11 usability...
  3. Taskbar Positioning?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Positioning?: I have two questions, which are related.1. Does anyone know if I will ever be able to shift my taskbar to the top of the screen instead of the bottom? Or is there a non hacky way to do it now that I missed?2. Does anyone know why Microsoft has actively made W11 usability...
  4. Windows 11 and taskbar position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and taskbar position: Why can w11 not manage the position of the taskbar relative to other UI elements? I know I'm not the only one with the problem. If you auto hide the taskbar it will be randomly placed behind other UI elements/windows. Previous versions of Windows never had this problem and...
  5. Windows 11 and taskbar position

Windows 11 and taskbar position: Why can w11 not manage the position of the taskbar relative to other UI elements? I know I'm not the only one with the problem. If you auto hide the taskbar it will be randomly placed behind other UI elements/windows. Previous versions of Windows never had this problem and...
  6. Taskbar position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar position: Windows 11 is missing the feature to move the whole taskbar to any side of the screen, please bring back this feature.Regards,geralt007 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-position/3210bdb5-636a-467b-9df8-beffe60f9e00
  7. Taskbar position

Taskbar position: Windows 11 is missing the feature to move the whole taskbar to any side of the screen, please bring back this feature.Regards,geralt007 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-position/3210bdb5-636a-467b-9df8-beffe60f9e00
  8. Taskbar positioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar positioning: Why was the taskbar location abandoned in Windows 11? I have always moved my taskbar to the left of the screen. Now my choices are to move the icons from the center of the taskbar or move the icons to the left side of the taskbar. This is functionality I would like in Windows...
  9. Taskbar positioning

Taskbar positioning: Why was the taskbar location abandoned in Windows 11? I have always moved my taskbar to the left of the screen. Now my choices are to move the icons from the center of the taskbar or move the icons to the left side of the taskbar. This is functionality I would like in Windows...
  10. How not to sync taskbar position ?

in Browsers and Email
    How not to sync taskbar position ?: Good morning all, I use my same Microsoft account on my Laptop and SurfaceGo and am also using the sync feature. On the laptop I prefer the taskbar at the bottom (am using a mouse on this device) but on the SurfaceGo I prefer to have it on the right side (I hold the touch...