Windows 10: Taskbar positioning

Discus and support Taskbar positioning in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why was the taskbar location abandoned in Windows 11? I have always moved my taskbar to the left of the screen. Now my choices are to move the icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OttNichols, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Taskbar positioning

Why was the taskbar location abandoned in Windows 11? I have always moved my taskbar to the left of the screen. Now my choices are to move the icons from the center of the taskbar or move the icons to the left side of the taskbar. This is functionality I would like in Windows 11.

:)

OttNichols, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Taskbar on top layer (not position) in full screen mode

Hello,

Looks like you are having issue with your taskbar.

We recommend that you unpin all items from your taskbar and see if the issue persists.

Refer to the steps below to unpin apss from the taskbar:

Taskbar positioning 2568d4cb-eebf-4eaf-9f7d-494e6fd40266.png

• Right-click on the icon you want to unpin.
    • Select Unpin from taskbar.
    • Repeat process until all apps are removed.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Nov 6, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Taskbar positioning

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar positioning

1. Taskbar positioning - Similar Threads - Taskbar positioning

2. Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?: Hi, I really prefer the new centered taskbar in Windows 11, but the start menu being in the center and taking half the screen is really bothering to me. I'd like it better if it appeared on the left, as if I put the taskbar to the left in the settings, while keeping the...
  3. Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change the taskbar and start menu positions separately ?: Hi, I really prefer the new centered taskbar in Windows 11, but the start menu being in the center and taking half the screen is really bothering to me. I'd like it better if it appeared on the left, as if I put the taskbar to the left in the settings, while keeping the...
  4. moving the entire windows taskbar to the left of the screen in a vertical position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving the entire windows taskbar to the left of the screen in a vertical position: Are their plans to return option of physically moving the entire windows taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the left of the screen in a vertical position? Widescreen monitors have gained in popularity. I have been using two of them for a few years now. I love being able...
  5. moving the entire windows taskbar to the left of the screen in a vertical position

moving the entire windows taskbar to the left of the screen in a vertical position: Are their plans to return option of physically moving the entire windows taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the left of the screen in a vertical position? Widescreen monitors have gained in popularity. I have been using two of them for a few years now. I love being able...
  6. How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top in Windows 11S?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top in Windows 11S?: How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top on my Microsoft Surface Go3 with Windows 11S? I'm facing touch issues when using the Microsoft Pen, and I believe relocating the toolbar would be more convenient for me....
  7. How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top in Windows 11S?

How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top in Windows 11S?: How can I change the taskbar position from the bottom to the top on my Microsoft Surface Go3 with Windows 11S? I'm facing touch issues when using the Microsoft Pen, and I believe relocating the toolbar would be more convenient for me....
  8. Who was the person that thought it was a good idea to lock the taskbar position on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who was the person that thought it was a good idea to lock the taskbar position on windows 11?: Microsoft, can you please fix the taskbar problem in windows 11?Remove the design features. They are not useful and give us back the old taskbar, please....
  9. Who was the person that thought it was a good idea to lock the taskbar position on windows 11?

Who was the person that thought it was a good idea to lock the taskbar position on windows 11?: Microsoft, can you please fix the taskbar problem in windows 11?Remove the design features. They are not useful and give us back the old taskbar, please....
  10. Taskbar Positioning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Positioning?: I have two questions, which are related.1. Does anyone know if I will ever be able to shift my taskbar to the top of the screen instead of the bottom? Or is there a non hacky way to do it now that I missed?2. Does anyone know why Microsoft has actively made W11 usability...