Windows 10: Taskbar preview half working

Discus and support Taskbar preview half working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, since a week or 2 i have a problem with my taskbar, it wont show more than one preview. If a program has more than one "window" open i don't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nehr, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Nehr Win User

Taskbar preview half working

Hello, since a week or 2 i have a problem with my taskbar, it wont show more than one preview.
    If a program has more than one "window" open i don't see the preview anymore. It was working great before.
    I have tried a lot of thing related to taskbar problem but nothing work.
    I could really use a little help now.
    2 Screen of my actual problem.
    Also i don't see the full window preview if i over the thumbnail but that's not my main concern.

Taskbar preview half working 5cbf3602-bd3c-478d-a015-808a6748a340?upload=true.png Taskbar preview half working 8863bb76-ee01-4677-98fa-ec53aeb130a5?upload=true.png

I'm on Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Nehr, Jun 8, 2020

2. Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hey there,

I was just searching the internet for ways to disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10, and I found one that half-worked (only some apps use list view instead of thumbnails). I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the preview?
    I am alright editing the registry.

Thanks,

Pointy

PointlessnessSteam, Jun 8, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Bilo Win User

Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

Bilo, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Taskbar preview half working - Similar Threads - Taskbar preview half

2. taskbar is half hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar is half hidden: When placed at the bottom of my screen the taskbar is half hidden and therefore unusable. Resizing and other troubleshooting is not solving the issue. All drivers, etc., are up to date....
  3. taskbar is half hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar is half hidden: When placed at the bottom of my screen the taskbar is half hidden and therefore unusable. Resizing and other troubleshooting is not solving the issue. All drivers, etc., are up to date....
  4. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working: Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text...
  5. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working: Whenever I normally hover over an app with the same app open in another window it usually shows what's happening on both apps though now it only shows text...
  6. Taskbar Thumbnail preview not working

7. Taskbar preview not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar preview not working: Up til now i've found the taskbar preview/peek a very useful tool for if I temporarily leave an app however recently it stopped displaying what was in each window and just the name of the window instead. I did enable taskbar peek which would only temporarily fix the issue...
  8. Taskbar preview not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar preview not working: Up til now i've found the taskbar preview/peek a very useful tool for if I temporarily leave an app however recently it stopped displaying what was in each window and just the name of the window instead. I did enable taskbar peek which would only temporarily fix the issue...
  9. Taskbar preview not working

10. Taskbar thumbnail preview not working

Taskbar thumbnail preview not working: Hi Sir/Mam,As you can see in above attached screenshot that whenever I hover curser over any opened application in taskbar it doesn't show me the preview at all. WHether it's a single windows or multiple windows of that application, It doesn't.PLease help me to resolve this...