Windows 10: taskbar preview not playing

Discus and support taskbar preview not playing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Before I re-install my windows 10, minimized program or youtube videos were playing(actually playing videos or animations in preview) when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by junghwanahn1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. taskbar preview not playing

Hello,

Before I re-install my windows 10, minimized program or youtube videos were playing(actually playing videos or animations in preview) when I move mouse over the icon on taskbar. but with new windows 10 I reinstalled it seems not working. I know it is playing cause I can hear the sound but the videos are not playing with small live preview window...

Thanks..

:)

junghwanahn1, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

daiyueweng, Jan 13, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Bilo Win User

taskbar preview not playing

Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

Thema:

taskbar preview not playing

1. taskbar preview not playing - Similar Threads - taskbar preview playing

2. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  3. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picturevideo of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the thumbnail...
  4. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Not Playing in Taskbar Thumbnail Preview: Hello, I am having trouble of figuring out why every video I play on a separate window, the thumbnail preview on the taskbar shows a blank/frozen up loading screen? I restarted the computer a few times, nothing worked....
  6. Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar

Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar: This happened recently with both browsers. If, for example, I'm playing a youtube video on Chrome and switch to Edge, the preview for when I hover the mouse over the Chrome logo on the taskbar doesn't show the video playing and only a white youtube screen. It's the same if I...
  7. No preview in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No preview in taskbar: When I have more than one window of one application running, it no longer shows the preview when I hover the cursor over the taskbar. I have no idea why it changed but I would like to see the previews again. How can I change it back? Here are screenshots that show what I...
  8. Taskbar previews

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar previews: How do I eliminate the pop-up previews that appear when I mouse over taskbar icons? I don't need them because I've set my taskbar so that I have an icon for each instance of an open program (e.g., more than one page in Firefox)....
  9. taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing

taskbar "live" thumbnail preview not playing: I recently restored my desktop. After the restore, my taskbar thumbnail preview stopped showing a """live"""" picture(video) of what an application was doing, instead, it shows a still photo. I did notice that if the application wasn't minimized and I hovered over the...
  10. taskbar preview

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar preview: I've been using my taskbar to hover over the icon for a preview of an open window. Then when I hover over the actual preview, I was getting a screen size view of the window that I could read. Somehow I lost that function. I can still hover over the icon and get a small...