Windows 10: Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text

Discus and support Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer randomly replaces the taskbar preview with text. An example is shown:I have no idea why that is. It will show the taskbar preview normally,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MLG_Herobrine, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text

My computer randomly replaces the taskbar preview with text. An example is shown:I have no idea why that is. It will show the taskbar preview normally, then after a while, it goes to text. This is really annoying, and I couldn't find a solution. Thank you.P.S. I will try restarting my computer after I post this and tell if it helps.

:)

MLG_Herobrine, Jun 21, 2021

2. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

daiyueweng, Jun 21, 2021
  3. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 21, 2021
  4. DRDNA Win User

Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text

1. Taskbar Preview Replaced with Text - Similar Threads - Taskbar Preview Replaced

2. Build text on Desktop preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build text on Desktop preview: Hi there I am Aldrin and one of the newest member of insider program I would like to ask regarding to the build text that is displayed on desktop when theirs's an update do mind if you rather take that one out....
  3. Build text on Desktop preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build text on Desktop preview: Hi there I am Aldrin and one of the newest member of insider program I would like to ask regarding to the build text that is displayed on desktop when theirs's an update do mind if you rather take that one out....
  4. How to decrease the taskbar's preview window text size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to decrease the taskbar's preview window text size in Windows 10?: Hello everyone, I was playing around with the registry in the window metrics settings and must have changed some registry key so that the title text on the taskbar preview window is way too big. I found the default .reg file online for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...
  5. How to decrease the taskbar's preview window text size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to decrease the taskbar's preview window text size in Windows 10?: Hello everyone, I was playing around with the registry in the window metrics settings and must have changed some registry key so that the title text on the taskbar preview window is way too big. I found the default .reg file online for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...
  6. How to decrease the taskbar's preview window text size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why is not possible replace taskbar previews to list text on Windows 10?

Why is not possible replace taskbar previews to list text on Windows 10?: Hello,Would like to know why is not possible to replace taskbar previews to list text on Windows 10?Tried to change it on regedit, but it only works with two or more instances opened, moreover I tried to change on Group Policy which does not work.Like Microsoft creates an...
  8. No preview in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No preview in taskbar: When I have more than one window of one application running, it no longer shows the preview when I hover the cursor over the taskbar. I have no idea why it changed but I would like to see the previews again. How can I change it back? Here are screenshots that show what I...
  9. Taskbar previews

Taskbar previews: How do I eliminate the pop-up previews that appear when I mouse over taskbar icons? I don't need them because I've set my taskbar so that I have an icon for each instance of an open program (e.g., more than one page in Firefox)....
  10. taskbar preview

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar preview: I've been using my taskbar to hover over the icon for a preview of an open window. Then when I hover over the actual preview, I was getting a screen size view of the window that I could read. Somehow I lost that function. I can still hover over the icon and get a small...