Windows 10: taskbar preview

Discus and support taskbar preview in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been using my taskbar to hover over the icon for a preview of an open window. Then when I hover over the actual preview, I was getting a screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by knightla, Apr 1, 2017.

1. knightla Win User

taskbar preview

I've been using my taskbar to hover over the icon for a preview of an open window. Then when I hover over the actual preview, I was getting a screen size view of the window that I could read. Somehow I lost that function. I can still hover over the icon and get a small preview, but when I hover over the preview, it no longer gives me a screen size view. Anyone know where I can enable this function again? Thanks!

Larry

:)

knightla, Apr 1, 2017
  2. HMVlaKov Win User

windows 10 taskbar window thumbnail / preview - full window name tooltip missing

In Taskbar properties I have this option: Taskbar buttons: "Always combine".

In windows 8.1 when multiple windows in Taskbar were combined I could see in the tooltip the "full window names" of the window previews / thumbnails when mouse hovering over "the window preview / thumbnail" of "the combined windows Taskbar button".

Also in Alt+Tab task switcher.

---

In windows 10 I can see on the Taskbar for "combined windows" incomplete "window names" finished with ellipsis "..." and no tooltip with "full window names" will appear when mouse hovering over the window preview / thumbnail.

---

Will it be fixed ?

HMVlaKov, Apr 1, 2017
  3. Taskbar Preview

Before it was somewhat readable,but now they just look like black dots.

ShashankKumar61095, Apr 1, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

taskbar preview

Brink, Apr 1, 2017
Thema:

taskbar preview

1. taskbar preview - Similar Threads - taskbar preview

2. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  3. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  4. What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this Copilot preview that's just popped onto my taskbar? I do not need this at all...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_person4499 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bndtom/what_is_this_copilot_preview_thats_just_popped/
  5. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...
  6. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic: My organization recently moved our infrastructure to the cloud in Azure. We use Azure Virtual Desktop Preview to access VMs in the cloud to work. The experience is pretty seamless however when we open applications through Azure Virtual Desktop Preview some of the icons in the...
  7. Azure Virtual Desktop Preview Icons on Taskbar are Generic

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. disable taskbar thumbnail preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable taskbar thumbnail preview: Can't disable taskbar thumbnail preview. Tried all the ways 4? found on the internet, including the ones suggested by this Community.How can it be that an issue with "disable taskbar thumbnail preview" was not solved in all the years since Windows Vista?Yesterday Microsoft...
  9. disable taskbar thumbnail preview

disable taskbar thumbnail preview: Can't disable taskbar thumbnail preview. Tried all the ways 4? found on the internet, including the ones suggested by this Community.How can it be that an issue with "disable taskbar thumbnail preview" was not solved in all the years since Windows Vista?Yesterday Microsoft...
  10. Can't un-combine taskbar items in Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Dev Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't un-combine taskbar items in Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Dev Channel: I joined to the Insider Preview in Dev Channel and updated my Windows 11 Pro today. I did it to be able to change taskbar item combining setting. But the option for it doesn't seem to show up in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar under Taskbar behaviors. I tried setting the...