Windows 10: Taskbar problem and apps have disappeared

Discus and support Taskbar problem and apps have disappeared in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok long story short i was doing my own thing when the taskbar corrupted and no apps were showing then when i hover it the cursor became the loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZackyYew, Sep 21, 2021.

1. ZackyYew Win User

Taskbar problem and apps have disappeared

Ok long story short i was doing my own thing when the taskbar corrupted and no apps were showing then when i hover it the cursor became the loading circle and when i clicked it my whole desktop became completey white chrome and other apps were working fine but it went back but the same thing happened no apps clicked and white screen so Please helpedit: forgot to tell you like 40 % of apps were deleted and half of them i couldn't reinstall with recycle so they were losted forever* Original title: Please Help

:)

ZackyYew, Sep 21, 2021

2. PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 21, 2021
  3. ariefcfa Win User
    Bitlocker Causes Taskbar Pinned Apps Disappeared

Alright, the problem is the Desktop directory. Rather than force end explorer process which cause another issue, today i found it is better to moved Desktop directory back to C:\Users\username\Desktop and create a symbolic link to keep the desktop files
    secured with Bitlocker.

The steps are:

• Moved back Desktop directory to original location C:\Users\username\Desktop
    • Moved Desktop files to safe location (in this case to D:\username\Desktop)
    • Delete Desktop directory in step-1
    • Create Dekstop directory symbolic link using elevated command prompt:

code:

mklink /D C:\Users\username\Desktop D:\username\Desktop

This way the Taskbar Pinned apps - in my case - not disappeared unlike before.

Thanks

ariefcfa, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Mooch Win User

Taskbar program Jump List disappears

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and I have somewhat of a quirky problem. My taskbar is at the bottom
    of the screen but I have it expanded to 2 rows, e.g. twice as "thick" vertically as the default. When I right-click on any pinned icons on the bottom row and move the mouse up vertically to access the jump list of that particular program, the jump list
    disappears. It seems to be a focus problem of sorts as if I resize the taskbar back to the default, the issue doesn't happen.

Taskbar problem and apps have disappeared [​IMG]

Mooch, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Taskbar problem and apps have disappeared - Similar Threads - Taskbar problem apps

2. Microsoft apps disappear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps disappear on taskbar: I downloaded "Sway" and "OneNote" from the Microsoft Store. I made a shortcut for the apps and put it in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" but the icons on the taskbar disappeared, any idea why?...
  3. Microsoft apps disappear on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps disappear on taskbar: I downloaded "Sway" and "OneNote" from the Microsoft Store. I made a shortcut for the apps and put it in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" but the icons on the taskbar disappeared, any idea why?...
  4. taskbar apps disappear randomly

taskbar apps disappear randomly: hi ms answers,for some reason my apps are getting randomly hidden from the taskbar. it mostly happens to fullscreen apps when i minimize them, and then they just completely disappear from the taskbar and i can only open the app by using task manager. it also happens to...
  5. taskbar apps disappear randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar apps disappear randomly: hi ms answers,for some reason my apps are getting randomly hidden from the taskbar. it mostly happens to fullscreen apps when i minimize them, and then they just completely disappear from the taskbar and i can only open the app by using task manager. it also happens to...
  6. My taskbar icon have disappeared

My taskbar icon have disappeared: After a recent update, when I rebooted my win 10 pro laptop the icons in my task bar have disappeared. Even if I get something to show i.e. battery, it disappear on reboot....
  7. My taskbar icon have disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar icon have disappeared: After a recent update, when I rebooted my win 10 pro laptop the icons in my task bar have disappeared. Even if I get something to show i.e. battery, it disappear on reboot....
  8. Flashes and disappearance of taskbar and apps.

Flashes and disappearance of taskbar and apps.: When I turn on my PC, it's fine for a while. Then, the taskbar while flash and the stuff on it disappears. The apps on the start screen follows. And then whole screen goes white. And it repeats this cycle. If I'm on an app, it will keep bringing me to the taskbar layer. This...
  9. having problem with taskbar

having problem with taskbar: After turning on both icons of power, the battery percentage is not showing in the taskbar. What should I do?? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problem-with-taskbar/ebcc3134-98ec-4df7-bdca-e47f20792f10
  10. Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared

Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared: All Desktop Icons & Taskbar Icons have disappeared. Why & how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-taskbar-icons-have-disappeared/77766c8c-93a0-4e51-915c-75eb1d81c959