Windows 10: Taskbar problem saving folders etc.

Discus and support Taskbar problem saving folders etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, When I try to save things to the taskbar they don't appear on it and it's not full - I have some things saved and present. But when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daniell, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Daniell Win User

Taskbar problem saving folders etc.

Hi all,
    When I try to save things to the taskbar they don't appear on it and it's not full - I have some things saved and present. But when I try to check, I get a menu pane come up listing the folder/s as being pinned offering if I'd like to unpin it!
    The taskbar is unlocked and I've tried flicking between locking and unlocking with no joy. It's about a quarter full visually.
    Oh and I note that in Win10 (V.1909) there isn't a slider (if that's the right term) which separates pinned and in use icons that you can move along the bar, it's just one uninterrupted bar - not sure how relevant that is here?
    Any help appreciated.

:)

Daniell, Dec 19, 2019

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Taskbar problem saving folders etc. - Similar Threads - Taskbar problem saving

2. saving folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving folders: Hello.I am using movavi vidoe converter .I have several folders/places for saving videos.By mistake i do not choose the latest saving folder so two converted videos i am not sure where are saved!.Is it possible via win 11 to find them?The path?VIa activity?Some how?...
  3. saving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving folders: Hello.I am using movavi vidoe converter .I have several folders/places for saving videos.By mistake i do not choose the latest saving folder so two converted videos i am not sure where are saved!.Is it possible via win 11 to find them?The path?VIa activity?Some how?...
  4. Hacking problems etc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacking problems etc.: I just posted about hacking problems generally these days in the Chillout Room, which then made me wonder if there are any technical ways of stopping hacking etc. anyway... "I don't know about anyone else but quite honestly now we're really in the George Orwell sick hacking...
  5. Hacking problems etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hacking problems etc.: I just posted about hacking problems generally these days in the Chillout Room, which then made me wonder if there are any technical ways of stopping hacking etc. anyway... "I don't know about anyone else but quite honestly now we're really in the George Orwell sick hacking...
  6. transparent taskbar, etc....

in Windows 10 Customization
    transparent taskbar, etc....: How do I get a transparent task bar? Do i have to download and / or install aeroglass and will it work on my current version? And if so, will it still work if I go to a high contrast theme? 147397
  7. Open/Save/Save As problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open/Save/Save As problem: Since the end of June, it appears that no program (MS or 3rd party) will Open, Save, or Save As files. Other file functions such as Export are still working - at least for now....
  8. Multiple Documents, etc folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple Documents, etc folders: My Win7 had My Documents, My Downloads, etc setup on the D drive. The default for Win 10 after the upgrade has the C drive Users area as default. There is no location tab on the Win10 folders. How can I get the default to save to the D drive? 15663
  9. BLUETOOTH, where are files prior to save to folder etc

in Windows 10 Support
    BLUETOOTH, where are files prior to save to folder etc: hi i transfer img files from android via bt to pc, after all have been transferred, win10 asks in which folder they must be saved - this is the easy part. if there is a transmission error on say img 200 out of 250, bt freezes and i have to redo the whole process and i can't...
  10. common problem - start menu, taskbar, system tray etc not working

in Windows 10 Support
    common problem - start menu, taskbar, system tray etc not working: Hello, I know its a common problem with 10 but here is a list of my problems that occurred a few days after upgrading to windows 10. start menu isn't accessible (unless i download classic shell) task bar isn't accessible system tray isn't accessible - i can't even...