Windows 10: Taskbar problems after Creators update

Discus and support Taskbar problems after Creators update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had the taskbar configured in two rows, with the bottom row being reserved for Quick Launch, for many years ever since the functionality was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbiweb, Apr 15, 2017.

1. cbiweb Win User

Taskbar problems after Creators update

I have had the taskbar configured in two rows, with the bottom row being reserved for Quick Launch, for many years ever since the functionality was available on Win98a or XP. It has never failed, through all upgrades and updates. But after the Creators update, the taskbar no longer stays at two rows after reboot, and sometimes it just reverts out of the blue randomly while I'm working.

I've rebooted multiple times, I've deleted my toolbars and rebuilt them; locked & unlocked the taskbar... nothing works.

This is how I want it to be:

Taskbar problems after Creators update [​IMG]

This is how it looks when broken:

Taskbar problems after Creators update [​IMG]

Any idea how to stop this from happening?

:)

cbiweb, Apr 15, 2017
  2. Corsair2 Win User

Windows 10 taskbar reverts to single width on restart.

I have Windows 10 Pro Creators Update version 1703, build 15063.138.

Since the update to the Creators Edition I've encountered a problem with my Taskbar not maintaining it's double width setting upon either a restart or a shutdown then a reboot.

This was not the case before I did the Creators update. My Taskbar has always been set to double width; with no problems.

It doesn't matter whether I Lock the Taskbar or not, it reverts to single width after any restart or shutdown/reboot.

The installation of the Creators Update went without a hitch.

Any ideas??

Corsair2, Apr 15, 2017
  3. DDE Server Window: explorer.exe aplication error 0x00007FF653D190E2 / 0x00000000000000030

After I updated my win 10 to creator update, version 1703, the problem is solved (without hiding off the taskbar)!!!

MinuCocciante, Apr 15, 2017
  4. cbiweb Win User

Still need serious help with this one. After shutting down for about 30 minutes, when I started up again, ALL my custom toolbars and Quick Launch were gone.

There must be something I can do to put things back to normal.

cbiweb, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Taskbar problems after Creators update - Similar Threads - Taskbar problems Creators

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290
  4. Chrome problems after creator update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome problems after creator update: After installing the creators fall update my chrome wouldn't work any more. I uninstalled it and it wont install either. I get unspecified error. 100058
  5. Creators update problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creators update problem.: I recently updated my windows 10 to creators edition. After the update, I am getting a black screen after windows log in with a cursor and there pc too has become quite slow. I need help asap. Specs: lenovo g50-80 Intel core i5 Amd r5 m330 Windows 10 home edition. 4...
  6. Activation problems After Creators fall Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems After Creators fall Update: I have a dual boot home built system with current parts, which has two separate bootable SSD disks, each containing separate retail copies copies if Windows 10 (one Pro x64 and the other home x386). The reason for the two copies of windows is that the 32 bit allows for older...
  7. Problems after Creators update on Windows 10

Problems after Creators update on Windows 10: Hi, I have attached event log as a .rar file containing Event log.evtx. Problem is that after upgrading with Windows 10 Creators Update I got lots of errors shown in event log. If someone can go through the event log and advise how to resolve some or all problems I would...
  8. Creators update Taskbar shrinks after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update Taskbar shrinks after reboot: Brand new system that I just purchased week ago today, half way through installing my apps onto it creators update hits me. Let its run it's thing figuring since most of my apps I have not installed yet this would almost be a fresh install of that. I let the update finish...
  9. Creators Update Partition Problem

Creators Update Partition Problem: I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting everything onto one main partition, leaving the other 2 partitions unallocated. I decided not to do anything about it and leave it...
  10. Weird Renaming problem after Fall Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Renaming problem after Fall Creators Update.: I have the strangest problem after the Fall Creators Update. I normally view the contents of my folders in Small Icon View. Now anything in this view, I cannot rename. Right click, choose rename and nothing happens. If I change the view to anything other than small icons I...