Windows 10: Taskbar problems minimizing, switching, bringing window to front issue

Discus and support Taskbar problems minimizing, switching, bringing window to front issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Okay... This is getting pretty frustrating. I can't multitask like before. Windows/programs/ don't come to the front when I click on their icons in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cheetalia, Mar 21, 2016.

1. cheetalia Win User

Taskbar problems minimizing, switching, bringing window to front issue

Okay... This is getting pretty frustrating. I can't multitask like before.

Windows/programs/ don't come to the front when I click on their icons in the taskbar.

Ex: I have Chrome, WordPad and File Explorer all on my taskbar. I click on File Explorer and it comes to the front. Then I click on Chrome and it comes to the front. Then I click on WordPad and it doesn't. It just sits there. I click it again... nothing. Ok, let me go back to File Explorer. Click. Nothing. Ok... so let's try hovering over the WordPad icon and the preview shows. I click on it. Nothing. Chrome is still in the front.

I've attached a video link of my example and frustration.

I have to minimize the program in the front and keep on minimizing through the programs in the order to get to the one I want. This is super inefficient. Before updating to Windows 10, I could just click on the icon and the program would come to the front, no questions asked.

PLEASE HELP!! I'm not computer techy or anything...

- Natalia

:)

cheetalia, Mar 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Taskbar problems. Minimizing, switching, bringing windows to front issues

My windows updated few hours ago, and after this update I have the same problem described here. It's a nightmare, I work with my laptop and I can't do anything if I can't change focus with easy. I really need HELP with this. Going back to an early build
    would solve this problem?

carolinamaturana, Mar 21, 2016
  3. RAL52 Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar problems. Minimizing, switching, bringing windows to front issues

I had the same issue on a seven year old Sony laptop. Disabling the SynTPEnh Caller Service restored reliable operation. Thanks

RAL52, Mar 21, 2016
  4. dce1791 Win User

I am having the exact same issue since I upgraded to Windows 10 on my laptop, which is a Lenovo T440s. I have not run into this problem with my desktop. The closest thread I could find said it may be an issue with the synaptics driver on my laptop. I have installed the latest synaptic drivers from Lenovo, but the problem persists. I was going to try uninstalling the synaptic drivers to see if the problem goes away. Please post any resolution you may find if you happen to solve the problem.

dce1791, Mar 26, 2016
  5. DChamp Win User
    I'm having the EXACT same problem with my HP 851 G1 laptop PC!!!

DChamp, Apr 20, 2016
  6. martink2 Win User
    Taskbar problems minimizing, switching, bringing window to front issue [​IMG]

martink2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar problems minimizing, switching, bringing window to front issue - Similar Threads - Taskbar problems minimizing

2. Alt Tab switching applications but not bringing them to the front.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt Tab switching applications but not bringing them to the front.: Basically the title. When I use alt+tab to switch windows and applications the active program changes but it doesn't bring the program to the front. This happens when I try to use the taskbar as well, have to alt tab three times to change the program and bring it to the...
  3. Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Taskbar issue when Switch User: Hi, Two of our family are using a same workstation. If one of them are logged in and we try change user, the Task Bar doesn't come up after new user login. If we use Task Manager to logoff the inactive user, tha Task Bar come up immediately. Could you help me on this...
  4. Taskbar is behind minimized windows

Taskbar is behind minimized windows: [ATTACH] This is really annoying. The problem is when windows aren't fullscreen. If I drag them down, they are on top of the taskbar. I took a screenshot of the problem to illustrate. The second problem is related- when I have the taskbar set to auto-hide (which I would...
  5. Windows 10 not bringing newly opened apps and windows to the front

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not bringing newly opened apps and windows to the front: I've only had this new computer a couple days but I find the way Windows displays newly opened apps and windows very strange. It never puts them on the screen in front of whatever else was being used. I have to close or minimize all other open windows to see them. Is there...
  6. Bring all Instances of Explorer to front at once

Bring all Instances of Explorer to front at once: I like to work, with two instances of the explorer one below the other. But to bring them both back to front after minimizing, I have to click twice with the mouse on both instances. Is there a Keyboard shortcut, or another trick, to bring all instances of an app / the...
  7. Bring window to front without focussing on it?

Bring window to front without focussing on it?: I am trying to find a way to bring a program to the front of my desktop (Xbox app) without taking focus away from another window (mouse-Xbox adapter). Either that or a way to minimise windows without losing focus. Currently I can full screen the Xbox app on my main monitor,...
  8. Cannot bring some apps to the front

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot bring some apps to the front: This started this morning. Running Windows 10 Pro. I can run the browser (Chrome), luckily. Word also. But I cannot most other apps (I think), like WinSCP, but not Calc, not Notepad++, not Notepad. If I try to run Calc, it loads in the task try and if I hover the mouse over...
  9. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front: Hi all, I've searched high and wide all over the internet to see if anyone has had this problem, and (possibly due to being quite difficult to describe) I've been unable to find a similar instance - but I would imagine it is an easy fix for someone in the know. The...
  10. Taskbar minimized window issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar minimized window issue: I have an issue which has been going on since beta win 10. If i have a minimized window open on the desk top I can not view it unless i minimize all other windows. It seems once my cursor crosses the top of the taskbar the window I am trying to get to closes, only way to get...