Windows 10: Taskbar Question...

Discus and support Taskbar Question... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've got my taskbar on the top of the screen and it's set to small icons. Right now, whenever I move windows around my screen, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/charliecastel, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Taskbar Question...

Hi everyone,

I've got my taskbar on the top of the screen and it's set to small icons. Right now, whenever I move windows around my screen, they sometimes slide underneath the taskbar or trigger that edge-screen feature that maximizes the window you're dragging around.

Does anyone know how to make it so that I can't drag windows underneath the taskbar? Also, does anyone know how to disable that edge-screen window maximize feature?

submitted by /u/charliecastel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/charliecastel, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Taskbar Question...

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar Question...

1. Taskbar Question... - Similar Threads - Taskbar Question

2. Feature/Bug/Question: The Taskbar is completely transparent. This happened after the Laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature/Bug/Question: The Taskbar is completely transparent. This happened after the Laptop...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sailing8-1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktzdp3/featurebugquestion_the_taskbar_is_completely/
  3. Question regarding taskbar

Question regarding taskbar: I currently have a three monitor setup and I only want two taskbar, is it possible to do that in Window? submitted by /u/ToSaKuMiRK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krb8o2/question_regarding_taskbar/
  4. I have a Windows 10 pro taskbar question

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a Windows 10 pro taskbar question: How do I setup taskbar toolbars to lock onto all sides of my screen at once, and then set them up to be auto-hidden? I remember either Windows XP pro had this option somehow, or maybe it was Windows 7 Pro. I would like to be able to do that again, but I can't figure out how...
  5. Dual monitor taskbar question

Dual monitor taskbar question: Hello I recently reset my PC and before I had my monitor setup to where my taskbar on my 2nd monitor didn't exist at all, now it's there I can't remove it and it's also showing what's open on a specific monitor, I want all my tabs to be on one taskbar on one monitor thanks...
  6. Seriously, how to disable taskbar tooltips? This question keeps getting asked by other...

Seriously, how to disable taskbar tooltips? This question keeps getting asked by other...: It's just started happening to me today. B***** annoying![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seriously-how-to-disable-taskbar-tooltips-this/881b0625-9aed-4aa1-9903-61d87e173a02
  7. Question about the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about the taskbar?: Hey, I'm adjusting my taskbar. I just want these four symbols displayed there. Problem: The arrow above doesn't go away because there are some other programs hiding behind it. How do I get rid of them? I got rid of all but one: Windows Security, Macrium Reflect, Avira and...
  8. Question About Taskbar Apps for A Senior

Question About Taskbar Apps for A Senior: I'm trying to help a friend with his elderly grandmother who has had several strokes and lost mobility on her dominant side. I'm very anti Apple but recognize the idiot proof value of an iPad for a senior but of course she won't learn one and insists she have access to her...
  9. Dumb question: How can I remove icons but keep text in taskbar (Google Chrome, Downloads,...

Dumb question: How can I remove icons but keep text in taskbar (Google Chrome, Downloads,...: Ok, I know how to remove the text/labels next to icons in the taskbar but is there a way to keep only the text and remove icons? Also, my time looks really weird and I keep trying to customzie it but it's all vertical instead of horizontal. Screenshot of what I have:...
  10. taskbar questions(W10)

taskbar questions(W10): Going to make this super quick So i use Auto Hide and was wondering two things. Is there a way to speed up the task bar show/hide so that it pops up instantly when i put my mouse by it and it disappears instantly when i move my mouse away. I know removing the fade is a way to...