Windows 10: taskbar questions(W10)

Discus and support taskbar questions(W10) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Going to make this super quick So i use Auto Hide and was wondering two things. Is there a way to speed up the task bar show/hide so that it pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wolf10k, May 24, 2020.

1. taskbar questions(W10)

Going to make this super quick
    So i use Auto Hide and was wondering two things. Is there a way to speed up the task bar show/hide so that it pops up instantly when i put my mouse by it and it disappears instantly when i move my mouse away. I know removing the fade is a way to make the first part happen but not the second one

also is there anyway to turn off yellow glowing app icons. example in discord someone messgaes me and it forces my taskbar to open up untill i click on discord

Initial googling hasnt helped

submitted by /u/Wolf10k
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wolf10k, May 24, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 24, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 24, 2020
  4. taskbar questions(W10)

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 24, 2020
Thema:

taskbar questions(W10)

1. taskbar questions(W10) - Similar Threads - taskbar questions W10

2. Taskbar Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Questions: I have Windows 11. Sometime I restarted my PC normally. When it opened the Taskbar's shape was looking like Windows 10's Taskbar. Then I restarted it again and the Taskbar was empty.I tried fixing it using methods that were on Google, Microsoft's Support Website, YouTube......
  3. Taskbar Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Questions: I have Windows 11. Sometime I restarted my PC normally. When it opened the Taskbar's shape was looking like Windows 10's Taskbar. Then I restarted it again and the Taskbar was empty.I tried fixing it using methods that were on Google, Microsoft's Support Website, YouTube......
  4. Taskbar Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Question: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Pro. In 10, I was able to have the contents of a file folder open in the Taskbar as a separate area, and would like to do that in 11, if possible. However, all I can find is linking the folder itself to the taskbar - nothing about...
  5. Taskbar Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Question: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Pro. In 10, I was able to have the contents of a file folder open in the Taskbar as a separate area, and would like to do that in 11, if possible. However, all I can find is linking the folder itself to the taskbar - nothing about...
  6. Taskbar Question...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Question...: Hi everyone, I've got my taskbar on the top of the screen and it's set to small icons. Right now, whenever I move windows around my screen, they sometimes slide underneath the taskbar or trigger that edge-screen feature that maximizes the window you're dragging around. Does...
  7. Taskbar question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar question: on one PC I've got both a taskbar short cut to Windows Explorer and one to Documents. On new PC the File Explorer is on taskbar but when I try to put the Documents shortcut there it won't allow. Just get a 'Pin to File Explorer' option and the folder won't appear like it did...
  8. w10 reformat question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 reformat question: I have a friend with a 7 year old dell inspiron and it came originally with 8.1 and he took the free upgrade to 10. If he reformats with 8.1 can it once again be upgraded for free with 10?...
  9. W10 Restore Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10 Restore Question: Good day all, We have a Windows 10 machine which would not boot correctly just after the most recent update from MS. Using a W10 repair USB drive we were able to bring the machine back up to normal working status. However, we now have a few missing files. Most notably we...
  10. W10 Reset question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Reset question: So I upgraded and want to reset it now, after I pick remove everything it gives the option to remove my files or remove files and clean the drive. What does it mean by cleaning the drive and will it **** with my windows being registered at all? 9219