Windows 10: Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

Discus and support Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/DarkSkyViking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jojg67/taskbar_quick_launch_icons_vs_open_apps/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarkSkyViking, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

/u/DarkSkyViking, Nov 5, 2020
  2. rocroc Win User

How to Toggle an Outlook Mail Icon on Quick Launch

I have placed an icon controlling the Outlook Mail application on the Quick Launch Toolbar. By Outlook mail I mean the W10 app that interfaces with Outlook.com (not the original Outlook). My problem is that I want to toggle this icon so that it will turn on Outlook and then turn off Outlook when I hit it a second time. If I place the icon provided by the app on the Taskbar it will toggle but I have to make my own icon for Quick Launch. I am not sure if this is simply a characteristic of Quick Launch or if I can make an icon that will work the way I want it to? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rocroc, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Quick Launch icons?

How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list?

Terri Jeske, Nov 5, 2020
  4. rocroc Win User

Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

How to Toggle an Outlook Mail Icon on Quick Launch

Yes. I believe that is referred to as Outlook Mail 10 and is an interface with Outlook, which replaced Hotmail. I know how to pin it to the taskbar. What I want to do is pin it to Quick Launch with the same attributes as if it were pinned to the taskbar. I use Quick Launch in conjunction with the taskbar because I like the appearance and functionality better. One thing I like about QL is that I can open several icons of the same program (Firefox, Edge, etc,) with a single click and they stack on one another. To turn those stacked programs off you have to click on their off button whereas on the taskbar you can toggle each program off. In the case of Outlook there will be only one iteration of the program and It is easier to toggle it off. Here is a picture of my taskbar with the envelope icon on Quick Launch as well as the taskbar. Here I have two Firefox pages open shown alongside of the Outlook taskbar icon.
    Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps [​IMG]

rocroc, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

1. Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps - Similar Threads - Taskbar quick launch

2. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  3. Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Icons Are Displaying In Quick Launch Toolbar instead of the taskbar: System: Win10 Pro with all current updates. I have two Win10 PCs....a desktop running Win10 Home and a laptop running Win10 Pro. The following problem refers to the laptop only.I have a Quick Launch Tool Bar enabled on the Win10 laptop. When I launch an app from the home...
  4. Quick launch icons randomly disappear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick launch icons randomly disappear.: So this only happened recently, and only about four times (within say two months), and it seems random, but some of my quick launch icons by my clock just randomly disappear. I can't figure out why. Like they will all be there like the picture below, but then one day Dropbox...
  5. Quick Launch icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  6. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  7. Size of Quick Launch icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Quick Launch icons changed: Hello all, I have a very populated Quick Launch area with the icons set to small on my work computer. Today I found that the icons in the QL changed in size; previously I had the task bar two lines high and two lines of icons fit in the area. If I want to fit two lines of...
  8. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  9. quick launch: how to reorder icons

in Windows 10 Support
    quick launch: how to reorder icons: I have installed Quick Launch on my Windows 10 task bar. It works ! However, I would like to reorder the icons in a way that makes sense to me. The only reordering I have been able to discover so far is to move an icon to the end of the list. Is there a way to directly...
  10. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise size of Quick Launch icons: I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly. [img] If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they...