Windows 10: Taskbar R-Click Context Menu Not Working Properly

Discus and support Taskbar R-Click Context Menu Not Working Properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since installing Windows 10 version 2004 earlier this week on one of my PCs, I’ve been unable to right click certain taskbar shortcut icons to bring up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Uncle Sugar, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Taskbar R-Click Context Menu Not Working Properly

Since installing Windows 10 version 2004 earlier this week on one of my PCs, I’ve been unable to right click certain taskbar shortcut icons to bring up the associated context menus on a local account. I have an administrator account on the same PC, but that account doesn’t experience the problem. So I’m a bit puzzled as to how to fix.

The taskbar icons affected on the local account are the ones pinned there as shortcuts. All other items on the taskbar i.e., Start, Search, and entire Notification Area function normally—they all display context menus when right clicked.

Based on research, I’ve noticed that taskbar problems frequently occur with Windows updates. I’ve attempted to rectify the situation using some of the recommendations provided, such as stopping/restarting the explorer.exe process and running DISM and SFC scans both reported everything OK, but to no avail.

As mentioned, the right click taskbar context menus all work properly on my administrator account—it’s just the local account for one of my family members that displays the problem.

Any suggestions for resolving would be appreciated.

:)

Uncle Sugar, Sep 3, 2020

2. Clean up R-Click Context Menus

Thanks everyone! Lots of great suggestions.

Looks like I have to get granular with this and use a bunch of different methods. I'll let you know what works.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried disabling a bunch of items in ShellExView (Include in Library, Start Menu Pin, etc...)

Taskbar R-Click Context Menu Not Working Properly [​IMG]

but they still appeared in the R-Click menu

Taskbar R-Click Context Menu Not Working Properly [​IMG]

Am I doing this wrong?

ObjectNull, Sep 3, 2020
  3. WaterCat Win User
    Context menu "Properties" uses "o" shortcut instead of "r"

One of our Win10 laptops has a context menu with "Properties" that uses shortcut key "r". The other uses key "o" which conflicts with "open". I have no idea how it got corrupted. Suggested locations in the registry for context menu doesn't list it. Software tools work on old windows or only delete/disable context menu items.
    How can I fix this?

WaterCat, Sep 3, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Taskbar R-Click Context Menu Not Working Properly

AndreePin, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Taskbar R-Click Context Menu Not Working Properly

1. Taskbar R-Click Context Menu Not Working Properly - Similar Threads - Taskbar Click Context

2. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  3. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  4. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  5. Clean up R-Click Context Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clean up R-Click Context Menus: Hi, I'm trying to delete the majority of items I see when R-Clicking on items. I've tried a BUNCH of programs but none of them seem to be able to do what I want (or I just can't figure them out) - Context Menu Editor, Easy Context Menu, Context Menu Tuner, Ultimate Windows...
  6. Clean up R-Click Context Menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean up R-Click Context Menus: Hi, I'm trying to delete the majority of items I see when R-Clicking on items. I've tried a BUNCH of programs but none of them seem to be able to do what I want (or I just can't figure them out) - Context Menu Editor, Easy Context Menu, Context Menu Tuner, Ultimate Windows...
  7. Task bar right click context menu not working properly in win10 update v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar right click context menu not working properly in win10 update v2004: I recently installed the April 2020 version 2004 update to win10 and now I have taskbar issues. Right clicking the folder icon used to allow me to quickly open my documents or downloads folder, now it does nothing regardless of which option I choose. Also, my quick launch...
  8. taskbar right click context menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar right click context menu doesn't work: Strange issue I've been having with my PC (Windows 10 home V2004 (19041.388 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0)). On the taskbar, I can right click date, start and task view/search/task bar itself and get a context menu for those. However, if I right click...
  9. Taskbar Jump list and Context menu not working.

Taskbar Jump list and Context menu not working.: This really isn't a question, but seeing as I haven't found a definitive answer and solved it for myself I'll post it. Problem: My bottom taskbar was showing jump list options but I could not run them at all, across multiple programs. It would not launch the program....
  10. How do I customize the Hyperlink R-Click context Menu?

How do I customize the Hyperlink R-Click context Menu?: I want to be able to choose what browser I open a hyperlink with when I R-Click on it. It occurs to me there's a different menu for each application. In Thunderbird instead of "Open link in browser" I want to have "Open link in Edge" and "Open link in Firefox". In Edge...