Windows 10: Taskbar Refreshing

Discus and support Taskbar Refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChadBonk, Feb 27, 2017.

1. ChadBonk Win User

Taskbar Refreshing

I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing harddrives. None in particular tho. I've updated the graphics cards, so I've ruled out that idea. The computer is a custom build, so no bloatware installed. From what I gather, this just began about two months ago, and I have done a clean install since then. I've checked the reliability history and don't seen anything that would cause concern as far as explorer crashing. Kinda clueless on this one. Any suggestions?

:)

ChadBonk, Feb 27, 2017

2. taskbar icon refreshes

To further troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM /RestoreHealth command to replace damaged files. Here's how:

1. Press Windows Key and X key on the keyboard at the same time to launch
    Command Prompt.

2. Type "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" then press
    Enter

Note: The process might seem stuck, but it's normal.

Let us know the result.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, Feb 27, 2017
  3. MoizRaza Win User
    taskbar icon refreshes

I performed the both DISM scanhealth and checkhealth and it says No component store corruption detected.

The operation completed successfully.

MoizRaza, Feb 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Taskbar Refreshing

1. Taskbar Refreshing - Similar Threads - Taskbar Refreshing

2. Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh: I noticed my taskbar icons and desktop icons were auto-refreshing, but it only happens when I have opened File Explorer. I have alot of files that are PDF and I recently received a notification saying that due to an error, the pdf viewer reset to default. Now whenever I open...
  3. Screen/Taskbar refresh

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen/Taskbar refresh: Windows 10 automatically updated this morning, and since then I have been plagued by the desktop and taskbar repeatedly refreshing. Some programs also abort or refuse to run. I cannot, for example, get the Settings to open even to check the details of the update. Please help...
  4. Desktop/Taskbar keeps refreshing after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/Taskbar keeps refreshing after logging in: After a windows update last night I go to login and everything is fine. Then after logging in, the desktop screen and taskbar keeps refreshing every 5 seconds. I was able to get into task manager quick enough and it is not effected by the refreshing. It appears that windows...
  5. Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taskbar refresh from command line or BAT file.: So, I have a task that I run that restarts a program every time I log on, switch to a user, etc. I notice that it leaves the icon from the previous instance of the program in the Taskbar Notification area. When I click on the arrow, and mouse over the icon, it quickly...
  6. Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen: [ATTACH]If, after a Windows Update or a Driver update, your Desktop and Taskbar keep refreshing with a black screen, then its a typical driver issue […] This article Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen: Hi, I got a problem with my laptop, the taskbar and desktop refreshes itself every 3 or 4 seconds and it shows a black screen in the process. With Ctrl alt del I have been able to open taskbar and it shows 50-90% cpu use I think the explorer.exe task also refreshes. This...
  8. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  9. Taskbar blinks/refresh

Taskbar blinks/refresh: When I put my pointer on the task bar opened apps like chrome or a game it usually show a mini window of that specific app,but now when i do that the task bar blinks or kind of refresh itself. Is there any solution for that? submitted by /u/AntiGoi [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 explorer.exe refresh on startup. No taskbar access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 explorer.exe refresh on startup. No taskbar access: preface: NO recovery media exists " User= Power user one account full access ish USER= person who only backed up via * sweet person but, drunk roll please* restore point" USER= person who hard shutdowns every day... A.k.a Long power button push! Repair tech= Amatureish...