Windows 10: Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

Discus and support Taskbar refuses to auto-hide in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The methods below seems to work for some people: Gizmo's Freeware Forum - View Single Post - W 10 Taskbar Auto-Hide feature not working Gizmo's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SylenThunder, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Raart Win User

Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

In the first solution the user makes a reboot at some point! This kills the named processes. He should reboot directly without all the other mess. *Tongue
    Are you sure this is a solution? *Wink Will you really reboot every time the taskbar hangs?

The second post proposes a solution where technically said a renew of the notification queue is performed. It is not granted this ends happily with all APPs.

The only way to solve this is to identify which APP causes this malfunction and contact the developer in the hope he will spend some time to correct the code for the next revision of the APP.

Raart, Dec 1, 2015

2. I noticed that the taskbar get stuck when I start either, Chrome or Firefox browsers, not Slimjet. This is caused by MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit which Icon pop up in the taskbar notification tray. (Note that the icon does not display any warning nor notification)
    Consequently I must click on the icon then click on any space on the webpage to regain the Auto-hide function.
    This happen every time I start the above mentioned browsers.

Reported to Malwarebyte Support, I'll post the outcome if the problem get fix from their side.

Pulcinella, Dec 2, 2015
  3. For the record:

I noticed that when POP Peeper email notifier, HitmanPro, CCleaner are active the taskbar stay On, just until the email notification, if any is displayed and the pop up notification is not closed, or a scan or cleaning respectively are running. Once those processes are terminated the taskbar auto hide itself. Though sometime I have to click on the screen before it does.

Pulcinella, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Raart Win User

Nice work, Pulcinella! Spread the word.
    In the meanwhile I'll see if Microsoft's guys will take in account to modify the way taskbar notifications calls have to be handled since the actual protocol proves to be unpopular to programmers. *Mad Ciao.

Raart, Dec 3, 2015
  5. RolandJS Win User
    I'm dumb as a post today, exactly, what are the keystrokes to do this? *Smile

RolandJS, Dec 3, 2015
  6. Some say third parties Apps owners should get them up to speed with MS, some say MS should. So "be or not to be"...
    Meanwhile it is up to us to do the leg work for them (report, research, troubleshooting)

MS made us all beta testers, nothing is free isn't it? *Huh

Pulcinella, Dec 3, 2015
  7. Pulcinella, Dec 9, 2015
  8. wiredawg Win User

Hello thanks for this simple tip regarding "taskbar NOTauto-hiding" (Win 10). I just wanted to add the "java update" icon was keeping my taskbar from auto-hiding. I turned my Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) for chrome and CCleaner back on and the taskbar is still hiding. Also, separate issue but related to taskbar area issues. If anyone is having problems regarding "Start Menu", "notifications", right-click, left click problems, etc. all in the taskbar area. Below is a youtube link that hopefully helps you out. I completed the method 2 (sfc /scannow) first...just seemed simpler returned with no issues, but still had problems. Then complete method 1 (powershell) this worked for me.

How to fix Windows 10 Start menu - YouTube

wiredawg, Dec 13, 2015
  9. You are welcome, to the forum too.

Sorry for the late reply I'm on holiday in a remote location, dial up internet slower than snailmail and more miss than hit.

Pulcinella, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide - Similar Threads - Taskbar refuses auto

2. Taskbar Refuses To Hide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Refuses To Hide: I cannot see the bottom of my applications because my taskbar isn't hiding. I have checked everything, my notifications are off, I have it set to auto-hide, and many other things, but it just won't hide. I am running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2. Please help, I am unable to...
  3. Taskbar Refuses To Hide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Refuses To Hide: I cannot see the bottom of my applications because my taskbar isn't hiding. I have checked everything, my notifications are off, I have it set to auto-hide, and many other things, but it just won't hide. I am running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2. Please help, I am unable to...
  4. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  5. Taskbar won't auto hide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't auto hide: I try'd Taskbar settings, and I try'd to reset windows explorer both did not work. submitted by /u/lostFate95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enym5v/taskbar_wont_auto_hide/
  6. Taskbar auto-hide fail

Taskbar auto-hide fail: Very often or so it happens that the auto-hide feature of taskbar stops working, and that too, happens only partially. Which means that the taskbar does not go back in after the cursor is moved away from it nor does the windows get smaller to compensate for the extra space...
  7. taskbar auto hide not working

taskbar auto hide not working: tried settings, but taskbar will not stay on auto hide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-auto-hide-not-working/e428f448-a6ba-4c45-92f8-08d2b65531b4
  8. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: Under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I have checked the box labeled "Auto-hide the taskbar", but it doesn't hide itself nor can I move it down using the arrows. What can I do to fix this problem. There was another thread about this problem but it was last commented on...
  9. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  10. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317