Windows 10: Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues

Discus and support Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hiya, Over the last few weeks, I've been noticing that my taskbar has been constantly not showing up and freezing. I swipe my mouse to the bottom of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Blayyzi, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Blayyzi Win User

Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues

Hiya, Over the last few weeks, I've been noticing that my taskbar has been constantly not showing up and freezing. I swipe my mouse to the bottom of the screen, and press the Windows key several times before it eventually pops up and pops back down several times all at once. Then when I check Windows Explorer in Task Manager, it's taking up a lot of CPU processing power. Another issue which popped up around the same time is that the C: drive says that it's scanning and repairing issues for issues every time I start up my computer. I thought it might be a virus, as I foolishly accepted a s

:)

Blayyzi, Apr 6, 2022
  2. little cat, Apr 6, 2022
  3. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Apr 6, 2022
  4. Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues

Hard drive freezing

First of all if you tried a different hard drive I doubt it's the hard drive freezing. Please check if your cooling is working properly (check temps, see if it's installed correctly). This goes for both the video card and CPU. If this isn't the issue see if it happens in safe mode, if it doesn't it might be some driver issue.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues

1. Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues - Similar Threads - Taskbar refuses show

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  6. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  7. Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar refuses to show up and freezes, plus hard drive issues: Hiya, Over the last few weeks, I've been noticing that my taskbar has been constantly not showing up and freezing. I swipe my mouse to the bottom of the screen, and press the Windows key several times before it eventually pops up and pops back down several times all at once....
  8. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Not Showing Up: Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer devices. It is so weird. Can someone help?...
  9. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  10. hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hard drive not showing up: my win 10 broke so i decided to reinstall win 10 by usb. before my win 10 broke it would show up that i had two drives now it doesn't. if i check disk management it on shows that i have only one drive submitted by /u/collsheryar [link] [comments]...