Windows 10: Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting

Discus and support Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've never had this issue until recently. I'm on windows 10 and linked to a works server. I have edge pinned to my taskbar but when ever I start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GemmaCurtis, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting

I've never had this issue until recently. I'm on windows 10 and linked to a works server.

I have edge pinned to my taskbar but when ever I start up the computer it's been replaced with a plain white tab with nothing linked to it so I have to re-pin it everytime I start the computer up.

Can anyone tell me how to ensure this stays pinned?

I don't have any issues with other pinned programmes.

Thanks

:)

GemmaCurtis, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Pinning an app to taskbar does not remove it from Start all apps list. It list in Start under letter M as in Microsoft Edge, you should find it there even when it is pinned to taskbar.

3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Sep 19, 2019
  4. kreed66 Win User

Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting

1. Taskbar removing pinned programmes when starting - Similar Threads - Taskbar removing pinned

2. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar: Hello,We are rolling out a new secured browser to our company. We don't want to remove Chrome right away, but business has requested that we remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar. I was trying to find a way to remove just Chrome icons without completely...
  3. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar: Hello,We are rolling out a new secured browser to our company. We don't want to remove Chrome right away, but business has requested that we remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar. I was trying to find a way to remove just Chrome icons without completely...
  4. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start programme at boot?

Start programme at boot?: Seemed obvious - just create a shortcut in the Startup folder. But though I have checked I am in the right folder, the programme doesn't start. Even though I have allotted plenty of space for System Restore points, they keep disappearing. Have spent quite some time over the...
  6. Can't start apps pinned to taskbar

Can't start apps pinned to taskbar: Since the latest cumulative updates installed KB4562900 & KB4565483 I cannot left-click an app in the taskbar to start it. I have to right-click it, then choose the app from the pop-up menu. This applies to all apps pinned to my taskbar, all of which worked before those...
  7. Remove "Pin to Start"

Remove "Pin to Start": I always accidentally click "Pin to Start" when I want to empty the recycle bin, by right-clicking the recycle bin on the desktop. Is there a way to remove it, or place it somewhere else in the context menu?...
  8. Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins!

Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins!: Today's update removed my damn taskbar and start menu pins! Then added your own BS that I already deleted. Nobody wants your crappy browser btw! A55holes!...
  9. Pinning programmes to task bar

Pinning programmes to task bar: If we pinned a program to a task bar,It will run on ram with the startup=? Is it causes to Ram? or it is like a shortcut in the desktop?...
  10. Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Pin Excel to start and or taskbar: Cannot Pin Excel to start menu or task bar. Office shows on start menu but have to open it first then Excel. Excel does not show on list of programs. It opens fine when I go to office THEN to excel but would be more convenient to go directly to Excel since I use it often 100276

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does removing programmes from task bar speed up computer