Windows 10: Taskbar resets settings when I restart

Discus and support Taskbar resets settings when I restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had my taskbar set to disappear a couple weeks ago. I have now set it back to stay up. But, every time I turn off my computer, the taskbar settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lonelylingonberry, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Taskbar resets settings when I restart

I had my taskbar set to disappear a couple weeks ago. I have now set it back to stay up. But, every time I turn off my computer, the taskbar settings reset and the taskbar goes back to hiding itself. I have to change the setting to not hide the taskbar every time I turn it on.

:)

lonelylingonberry, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Multi row taskbar settings are lost on reboot (explorer restart.)

Hi Matt,

The settings that you’ve made with the taskbar may haven’t retained due to software conflicts or an application is possibly causing the issue when you’ve set the multi-row in the taskbar. To learn more about your concern, we’d like to ask the questions
    below:

• Which Windows version and build is installed on your computer? To get this information, type
      winver in the search box.
    • Are you using any third-party applications that are pinned on your taskbar?

In the meantime, try to lock the taskbar after making the changes. Right-click the taskbar and select
    Lock all taskbar. Then, restart your computer and check if you'll see still see the multi-row. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Taskbar resets settings when I restart b69110ee-62cd-424c-951b-4260381b1b77.jpg

We can also isolate this behavior by performing a clean boot. This will help us identify if there are applications that may cause the issue to change it from the default settings. Click
    here for the steps. Once you’re in the clean boot state, try
    to personalize the taskbar and restart your PC. Then, verify if the it will have the same result.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Dec 24, 2019
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 24, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Taskbar resets settings when I restart

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar resets settings when I restart

1. Taskbar resets settings when I restart - Similar Threads - Taskbar resets settings

2. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  3. Taskbar settings reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar settings reseting: My taskbar settings don't save. I have the hide taskbar option on but every time I restart the laptop it goes away and I have to turn it back on in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-reseting/2a91f90c-b626-4a72-961b-460a775f660d
  4. Taskbar settings reseting

Taskbar settings reseting: My taskbar settings don't save. I have the hide taskbar option on but every time I restart the laptop it goes away and I have to turn it back on in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-reseting/2a91f90c-b626-4a72-961b-460a775f660d
  5. Taskbar setting reset on boot

Taskbar setting reset on boot: Windows 10: Right click your Taskbar and select the lowest option in the pop up menu Taskbar settings/ has an gear wheel icon. A Window opens with several boxes to select. The second box sets teh Taskbar to auto hide in desktop mode. This setting always resets on a restart. I...
  6. Taskbar setting reset on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar setting reset on boot: Windows 10: Right click your Taskbar and select the lowest option in the pop up menu Taskbar settings/ has an gear wheel icon. A Window opens with several boxes to select. The second box sets teh Taskbar to auto hide in desktop mode. This setting always resets on a restart. I...
  7. Taskbar setting reset on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Display Setting change when I restart

Display Setting change when I restart: I have a HP Spectre X360 14" convertible laptop. I have 2 displays hooked up to it and I keep the laptop closed.. The left display is the desktop and it is extended to the right display. When I do a "restart" the laptop the configuration changes, i.e. the left desktop data...
  9. Taskbar clock settings reset

Taskbar clock settings reset: This morning, the clock on my taskbar shows only 2:27 PM - I had it set up to display the full time, date and day of week - Mon 10/12/2020 on one line, and 2:27 PM on another. How do I get this back? I think it must have been a Windows Update that caused this problem,...
  10. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart: Ever since I downloaded the Windows update back in late February my settings were reset to default and every time I shut down and restart my computer the settings revert back to default again so I have to redo all my default programs like chrome rather than edge and adobe...