Windows 10: Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update

Discus and support Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The right click context menus disappear after I upgraded to Win 10 1903. This seems like a common theme for all recent 7+ versions post updates. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhilDougherty, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update

The right click context menus disappear after I upgraded to Win 10 1903.

This seems like a common theme for all recent 7+ versions post updates.

I have read every article.

1) It is not corrupted system files, or at least a through check and resolve of these does not fix the issue

2) It is not Policy, I have disabled the relevant computer and user policies. Does not fix the issue

3) It is not a random entry in the registry to force disable the policy. Does not fix the issue

4) It is not the user account in some way, a new user does not fix the problem

5) It is not a 3rd party app, I have nothing that touches the context menu and it still disappears post update. Does not fix the issue

6) It is not driver related on either Graphics, Mouse, USB or related Chipset. Validated latest, forced update to latest, Does not fix the issue

Stop making it up guys, please fix this issue that must be in your code somewhere.

Anyone with any suggestions outside of above, greatly appreciated.

:)

PhilDougherty, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update

Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly

This problem occurred after updating some programs using Secunia's PSI, although I don't believe the updates caused this (more later).
    Problems seen:
    • Taskbar & its icons are displayed in a corrupted form (see screenshot)
    • Date/Time is missing from the Notification area of the Taskbar
    • Context menus (right-click) are not showing their content, just a bar with arrows for lower level items
    After following advice on this board & checking for Shell Extensions and using Safe Mode, the problem still existed. I then restored the hard drive from previous nightly backups (went back 1 day, then 2 days and finally 3 days) but the problem still showed up. The program updates flagged by Secunia were not installed 2 days back, hence I don't believe they are relevant.
    I checked the video driver and it did need updating, but that did not fix the issue.

I am at a complete loss as to what is causing this - does anyone have any suggestions.

mikeduncan, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update

1. Taskbar "right click" context menus disappear after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Taskbar right click

2. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  3. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 update missing context menus when right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20H2 update missing context menus when right click: Just curious if anyone else has had the same or similar issues when it came to updating to the latest windows 10 update. submitted by /u/WorshipingAtheist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4wro1/windows_10_20h2_update_missing_context_menus_when/
  5. Win 10 Right click context boxes disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Right click context boxes disappear: Win10 right click context boxes disappear before I can choose an action. Why? How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-right-click-context-boxes-disappear/26876405-cde0-4440-a925-8fce7d3dcdc2
  6. How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?: hello*Smile After right clicking an MP3 file, I get: Add to Winamp's Bookmark List https://s16.picofile.com/file/8413474684/454878.png How do I remove these? Please create a registry file Thanks 168076
  7. How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove Winamp Context [Right-Click] Menus?: hello*Smile After right clicking an MP3 file, I get: Add to Winamp's Bookmark List https://s16.picofile.com/file/8413474684/454878.png How do I remove these? Please create a registry file Thanks 168076
  8. Context menus are fuzzy when right clicking certain icons on taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Context menus are fuzzy when right clicking certain icons on taskbar.: I'm running Windows 10 1909. I have the Windows Defender icon in my lower right taskbar. When I right click it to do a scan or view the security dashboard, all of the text is fuzzy, not sharp. The other icons like sound and ethernet have sharp text when right clicked. I have...
  9. Text in right click menus on taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in right click menus on taskbar missing: I think this is related to tiles disappearing on the start menu. It feels like a graphic bug. But I'm not sure. [img] 25411
  10. Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Right click menus disappear before you can access them: The taskbar has some powerful features that have become almost indispensable. [img] Right click gives you a menu. In the past I've just used my mouse to roll up to the item I need and click to access. NOW if I roll my mouse up to the menu, as soon as I am off the taskbar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click button disable when windows update to 1903

2. right click menu disappears on task bar

3. jumplist on taskbar disapeears after build 1903 update

4. when i click on some menus they disappear,
  5. 1903 update cant right click taskbar,
  6. windows 10 1903 cannot right click on taskbar apps,
  7. update windows 1903 click right hover,
  8. windows 1903 lost right click menu on tab,
  9. missing context menus windows 10 after 1903,
  10. right click on apps in taskbar 1903