Windows 10: Taskbar / Screen Problem

Discus and support Taskbar / Screen Problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Since about January i Have had the following problem. My systems boots up ok up tp the point where I enter my password Having entered my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dazzagil, Mar 20, 2021.

1. dazzagil Win User

Taskbar / Screen Problem

Hi

Since about January i Have had the following problem.

My systems boots up ok up tp the point where I enter my password

Having entered my password the screen turns a nice blue colour Not BOD my taskbar appears at bottom with just the start and search Icon however it is constantly flickering. After 10 minutes my desktop appears and everything works ok.

My cursor is on screen and moves with my mouse. I can call up CTRL+ALT+DEL and run task manager. When I have checked taskmanger i have found that File exporler is using up a lot of resources.

Does anyone have the same problem or have a soloution. I have tried SFC DISM and setting up another account.

:)

dazzagil, Mar 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 20, 2021
  4. dsdavis6 Win User

Taskbar / Screen Problem

taskbar on multiple screens (XP)

Hi, at work we use three screens, with XP installed, on the PC i was using before it had the taskbar on just the left screen and when i maximised a window it would fill whatever screen the window was currently on. The pc i now use, has a task bar stretched across the three screens and when i maximise something it will automatically fill the left screen. Is there a way to change either of these things as i prefer the taskbar on the left screen and to maximise on the screen the window is in. Thanks

dsdavis6, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Taskbar / Screen Problem

1. Taskbar / Screen Problem - Similar Threads - Taskbar Screen Problem

2. taskbar problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar problem: "Taskbar Settings" and "Lock the Taskbar" are both greyed out when I right-click on my taskbar.All options are greyed out when I access the Taskbar customization control box.The options are likewise greyed off for the new local admin user that I created....
  3. Problem with black screen with cursor and no working taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with black screen with cursor and no working taskbar.: Hi, I have an Asus Vivobook 15 laptop running Windows 11. I tried to download something from Microsoft Store but it won't work so I reseted it. After that I saw that it freezed reseting so I updated my Windows. After the update Microsoft Store dissapeared and I rebooted the...
  4. Problem with black screen with cursor and no working taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with black screen with cursor and no working taskbar.: Hi, I have an Asus Vivobook 15 laptop running Windows 11. I tried to download something from Microsoft Store but it won't work so I reseted it. After that I saw that it freezed reseting so I updated my Windows. After the update Microsoft Store dissapeared and I rebooted the...
  5. Taskbar Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Problems: For some reason If I move an app on my taskbar something like this would happen. Is there any way to stop it from happening? Thanks : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-problems/1803dcf6-558c-422e-8c3c-e7230ffb3421
  6. Taskbar Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Problem: I was on my computer today, and realised that a few problems were occurring. I couldn't use the search bar, I couldn't right click the apps on the taskbar and I could not click on a few of the buttons on the right hand side of my taskbar (time, volume, Wi-Fi). I was...
  7. taskbar problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar problem: a hroizontal blue line blink frequently at bottom of my taskbat how do i get rid of it???help me out throuhh this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-problem/0365757d-01fe-454d-80d8-f59b399a9cb0
  8. Taskbar Problem

in Cortana
    Taskbar Problem: Hello ! Recently, my pc was turned off accidently like 3 times in a row(due to loose cable). Everything is fine except for my taskbar. Basically, I can't search anything using the windows search bar because the outcome is always blank. This is the screenshot. VVV Please...
  9. Taskbar problem

Taskbar problem: Hi. In 'Personalise', in 'Settings' there is a 'Taskbar' option. From this I can select which icons appear on the taskbar. Within this list, Amason Music.exe appears MANY times! I have uninstalled Amazon Music, but I cannot remove these entries. I am sure they shouldn't be...
  10. Taskbar problems

Taskbar problems: I brought a brand new Dell Inspiron 7373 2 in 1 and after using it for a hour or so, I restarted it. Then there was one problem: all the apps I pinned to my taskbar was gone, except for Spotify which launched immediately. Some of my apps were uninstalled, while some were...