Windows 10: Taskbar search button

Discus and support Taskbar search button in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I add the search button to my taskbar?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarbKunz, Oct 16, 2018.

1. BarbKunz Win User

Taskbar search button

How do I add the search button to my taskbar?

:)

BarbKunz, Oct 16, 2018

2. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Oct 16, 2018
  4. I_askYou Win User

Taskbar search button

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Taskbar search button

1. Taskbar search button - Similar Threads - Taskbar search button

2. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working: Hello,A couple of months ago, the start button on my desktop stopped working. Search, whether it be from the taskbar or file explorer, doesn't work either. Same thing with the icons at the right end of the taskbar clock, notifications, speaker volume. Clicking on them does...
  3. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working: Hello,A couple of months ago, the start button on my desktop stopped working. Search, whether it be from the taskbar or file explorer, doesn't work either. Same thing with the icons at the right end of the taskbar clock, notifications, speaker volume. Clicking on them does...
  4. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  8. Putting cortana/search button on taskbar

Putting cortana/search button on taskbar: The past year i personalized entirely my desktop, so to keep things clean, i deactivated all buttons, but somehow i managed to put a shortcut button to the search box in my taskbar (later changed to cortana), having to pin it or drag it from somewhere, but the problems begin...
  9. Taskbar buttons (NOT icons) hidden behind cortana search

Taskbar buttons (NOT icons) hidden behind cortana search: Hoping this is the right board. A guy in my office just upgraded to windows 10 and it looks completely different from other installations I've seen. The start button isn't the 4 equally-sized rectangles, the top left one is hollow and bigger than the other 3, if that means...
  10. Ridiculously random death of start and search buttons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Ridiculously random death of start and search buttons on taskbar: Final straw, just booted up and logged in and it's DOA immediately, didn't work once. I have followed advice already on here and other places, and none of it works. I'm thinking 3rd party app, anyone know one that works 100%? It's my final Windows 10 Pro issue after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar search button does nothing